• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC & CCA GROUP BUY W/ DAVES RARE FISH

A

AlishanAS

Nice. :)

So let me get this straight.... the "winning" town's order gets their fish paid for by the losing town? ;)

I guess I will have to get out the big guns.

Remember, Sarah's order, at least up to $200, goes on the ECC list since she won the March Madness contest on the ECC site. And if the December to Remember winner comes on board, that's another $150 to ECC.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I guess I will have to get out the big guns.

Remember, Sarah's order, at least up to $200, goes on the ECC list since she won the March Madness contest on the ECC site. And if the December to Remember winner comes on board, that's another $150 to ECC.
I thought this was Baltimore shipment vs. Philly shipment, not CCA vs. ECC. Most CCA people on the order are also ECC members, but most ECC people are not CCA members:wacko::confused:

longstocking

Members
I don't think Tommy meant it that way....

In the title of this thread... it says ECC & CCA :) Michael you are right.. it is BWI against Philly.

And my order goes towards bwi tommy ....

large-smiley-030.gif

Putting ECC and CCA together is a great thing.... both sites help each other out in many ways. No need to seperate... as we are all just cichlid hobbyists at heart.

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I don't think Tommy meant it that way....

Putting ECC and CCA together is a great thing.... both sites help each other out in many ways. No need to seperate... as we are all just cichlid hobbyists at heart.
I was more poking fun at the fact that they had to resort to skewing the "results" to give them a chance at a larger order.

I agree that its great that ECC and CCA cooperate. We probably would have only gotten a 10% discount if we did separate orders, but combining the order gave a us a 20% discount no problem. Its definitely nice that we are close enough together to be able to combine certain events. I'd be happy to see more folks down at meetings.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
OKAY, EASY People.
Remember this is a friendly competition between the areas.
this is not ECC vs CCA.
Its not the north verses the south.

Its about being able to get some good fish at a discounted price.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
this is not ECC vs CCA.
Its not the north verses the south.

Its about being able to get some good fish at a discounted price.
Definitely a friendly competition. We just want to have bragging rights. Getting top quality fish at a discounted price makes it even better! The person that benefits the most from our competition is Dave. The more we try to outcompete each other, the more money we send to Dave. You know how we really feel about ECC:love0001:

longstocking

Members
Definitely a friendly competition. We just want to have bragging rights. Getting top quality fish at a discounted price makes it even better! The person that benefits the most from our competition is Dave. The more we try to outcompete each other, the more money we send to Dave. You know how we really feel about ECC:love0001:

That is exaclty the whole point... to help Dave. In general to help a great member in the hobby. Plus he just had a child in the last year ... so it helps a little one too :) Helping a hobby member, such as Dave, in the end helps the entire hobby. Even though Dave does sell fish, if you have ever talked with him you would realize he is a hobbyist at heart.

Many of these online sites that we have group buys with need help... through talking with most of them.... the economy isn't helping things.

Yes, we also get a discount... so it helps all the members too:)

Win Win :)

longstocking

Members
lol I've have heard the same Will.....

It's amazing when you move from NC to MD... how the line moves:lol: Or course in NC, everyone considers the NC boarder to be the line :lol:

But us three probably think weird too... since we are all from Cali (Caleb, Will and Moi ).

fischfan13

Banned
Dave updated his site this evening. There is also a good chance that he will update it once more next week.
I think that poor Sarah is going to have her arms full of boxes at BWI.

danbalzer

Members
Just placed an order for the BWI shipment

I ordered:
P. demasoni x 6
C. afra x 4
I. sprengerae x 4

Thanks for organizing, Sarah, and please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Dan

longstocking

Members
Any time :) It's really not that big of a deal or that much involved :) I live 15 min from the airport and I would be coming to the meeting anyways :) I'm just glad you all are getting fish you want .... and Dave is being super cool and looking for fish for me and I know a bunch of other people :) He makes things easy on me :) And SouthWest is always easy to deal with.

Some airlines I hate... they make you actually go into the terminal errrrrrrrrrrrr. With so many boxes that would be a nightmare ! Southwest is an ease to deal with :) If I ask, they will even load up my car for me... they usually do with no hassle :)

Any time :) It's really not that big of a deal or that much involved :) I live 15 min from the airport and I would be coming to the meeting anyways :) I'm just glad you all are getting fish you want .... and Dave is being super cool and looking for fish for me and I know a bunch of other people :) He makes things easy on me :) And SouthWest is always easy to deal with.

Some airlines I hate... they make you actually go into the terminal errrrrrrrrrrrr. With so many boxes that would be a nightmare ! Southwest is an ease to deal with :) If I ask, they will even load up my car for me... they usually do with no hassle :)

That might have something to do with that pretty smile of yours.... ;)

Charlutz

Members
Sarah -

I didn't see them on the list, but if Dave is looking ... Would you mind asking about cy. furcifer sibwesa? I can take small ones @1". Got 5 at the ECC auction and one disappeared, so I am down to 4. Thanks!

fischfan13

Banned
Sarah -

I didn't see them on the list, but if Dave is looking ... Would you mind asking about cy. furcifer sibwesa? I can take small ones @1". Got 5 at the ECC auction and one disappeared, so I am down to 4. Thanks!

Charlie, I just happened to be on the phone with Dave this evening while he was writing back to Sarah...no good on the Furcifer.

As for the BWI/Philly competition...
BWI has now opened up an impressive $317 lead.

Charlutz

Members
Thanks anyway. Knew it was a reach. Didn't lose the 5th furcifer until after I moved them when I left your house on Monday, Sarah! Somehow it managed to disappear out of a tightly lidded 75g with very little decoration. I'm guessing it's caught in an escargot shell somewhere. :(