• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Washingon's winning pro team

Andrew

Members
capitals_secondary_logo.jpg

12 and counting.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Pretty good game tonight. Ovie's goal at the end of the 2nd period was sick. We're going to keep up with the scoring now that Kovalchuk is in NJ.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
You forgot about DC United and the Washington Castles. DC united has more Championships than the Redskins, Caps and Bullets (Yes I said Bullets) combined.

Cartel

Members
You forgot about DC United and the Washington Castles. DC united has more Championships than the Redskins, Caps and Bullets (Yes I said Bullets) combined.

^True but not many people even know what the Kastles are haha

I didnt really follow hockey until I moved here (home team the stars nothing to be too proud of there) but im starting to follow hockey and picked up the Caps as the team I root for.

I only watch soccer every 4 years.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Pretty good game tonight. Ovie's goal at the end of the 2nd period was sick. We're going to keep up with the scoring now that Kovalchuk is in NJ.

That goal was sick. Through the defender's legs; lobbed over the goalie's shoulder. MONEY!!!

Kovalchuk is a great player. It would have been nice to pick him up. Would have traded Semin for him in a second.... of coarse, though, he's no Ovechkin. :)

His 500th career point (last night):
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/abXly_nJReg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/abXly_nJReg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Last edited:

Tony

First of all. soccer? Seriously?

...and the Washington Castles? What do they do? Well, I Googled them up and apparently the Washington Kastles are the "newest franchise in the World Team Tennis Pro League."

You're a funny guy, Prince. ;)

mrkillie

Members
First of all. soccer? Seriously?

...and the Washington Castles? What do they do? Well, I Googled them up and apparently the Washington Kastles are the "newest franchise in the World Team Tennis Pro League."

You're a funny guy, Prince. ;)

:D:eek::lol::D:lol::eek::D

Andrew

Members
I won't disparage any of the billions of people who like watching soccer. But I just can't do it... Beer doesn't even seem to help.

I loved the second goal, passed from Ovie to Backstrom and put in by Knuble. Seriously, a ridiculous play.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looking forward to another good game tonight. Atlanta at home should be another high score (at least for the Caps).

Andrew

Members
You'd think that Caps opponents would figure out that it's a bad idea to pull the goalie in the last minutes of a game.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
What an awesome third period and OT yesterday. I was out shoveling, and came in just as they dropped the puck to start the 3rd. It felt like a playoff game.

LETS GO CAPS!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I think they play in Montreal tomorrow and then at Ottawa on Thursday. It's tough to win back to back games on the road.

Tony

So I went to the game on Sunday. Took abotu an hour to go down 270 from Gatihersburg to get to the Bethesda metro (trains weren't running above ground). We get to the station at around 11:15 (12:00 start) and wait for 30 minutes for a train. lol.

Got to the game about 6 minutes into the first period. It was rocking. Probably about 90% full, despite the weather. We walk in to a 2-0 Penguins score! They score again and I decide to walk out to get a beer. I encounter this....

21078_1218123100502_1451612197_30513774_1581344_n.jpg

I wait in line from 11:00 left in the first period until the end of the period. Yup, only two concession stands open on the whole 400 level! Some folks got in line during the first intermission and didn't get out until the end of the second intermissions!

Anyway, not sure if you could see it on TV, but the highlight of the game was definitely Knubble giving a little face wash to Crosby in the crease during the third period. lol.

19947_296585416766_647026766_4016401_2285000_n.jpg