• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 55 Discus tank

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Yup. Need some tall plants. Get some anubias barteri to attach to the driftwood at least. Add some green. They will love it.

bossanova

Members
I'm going to stick to hardscape for now, until I get in a solid groove at least with keeping these guys again. I like having open space for ease of debris management too

bossanova

Members
Quick update! These guys are doing awesome, eating a ton and settling in..!

o8K9Btl.jpg

bossanova

Members
Obligatory 4-week update video: all are well and thriving. Lost a couple of cories (I think it's too hot for them at 84.5) and added a few plecos from Cory

bossanova

Members
Well, it finally happened, I lost one :(

Poor guy got stuck between the back glass and the heater/canister intake tubes. It was behind the driftwood so I didn't see it for a couple of days... sucks!!

dhavalsp

Members
ouch! sorry for the loss, hope other are doing well.

did you lose a runt? probably one who got bullied and pushed behind the heater in way that it could not come out?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sorry about that! Looks great otherwise :)

Well, it finally happened, I lost one :(

Poor guy got stuck between the back glass and the heater/canister intake tubes. It was behind the driftwood so I didn't see it for a couple of days... sucks!!

bossanova

Members
ouch! sorry for the loss, hope other are doing well.

did you lose a runt? probably one who got bullied and pushed behind the heater in way that it could not come out?
Not sure, but everyone else is doing fine. I think it might have been during those discus "omg I'm freaking out the lights just turned on" moments where everyone just darts around. Maybe just darted back there and got stuck.