• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Great February Meeting!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I enjoyed the meeting as well. It was great to see some new faces and some faces that hadn't been around in a while. Thanks to Stefan and Super Cichlids for being part of a great meeting. See everyone in a month at the BFD.

finzz

Members
Dr. Tanner always gives a great talk and makes the scientific end of things easy enough for even me to understand! It was good to see such a large turnout for this meeting. Thanks to Matt C. for going through all the trouble of the group buy.

Great meeting!

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks to Matt C. for going through all the trouble of the group buy.

Great meeting!
'twas my pleasure. Thanks for all the group buyers for showing up and getting their items and making prompt payment.

Don, I think you single-handedly made the auction a success with the wonderful fish you sold.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
A really informative talk, a stocked auction, and cool people always make for a great meeting.

I am super pumped about the group of 8 Honduran red points that I got for 6 bucks in the auction. An incredible deal on a species that I've never kept before! I hope they'll breed for me.

Carolineep

CCA Members
Agree with everything above.

Dr Tanner is a entertaining speaker and I really enjoyed hearing him in person..

I set up my fdilters as soon as I got home I was so inspired from hanging out with you fine folks.

I also had a great time! Met some new folks, made some sales/exchanges that were arranged on the forum, sold something in the auction for the first time ever, and really got some good ideas from the guest speaker. Oh, and I even won a $30 Super Cichlids gift card on spin the Wheel! Thanks Super Cichlids for your awesome sponsorship!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Rob - HRP are great fish. Thanks to @Mahesh for donating them to the club!

You will be able to spawn them. Guaranteed ;)

Matt

A really informative talk, a stocked auction, and cool people always make for a great meeting.

I am super pumped about the group of 8 Honduran red points that I got for 6 bucks in the auction. An incredible deal on a species that I've never kept before! I hope they'll breed for me.

FishEggs

Very informative, a lot of great people and i can't believe how cheap i got those Synodontis. Multis. Thanks Christine for breeding them. Thanks Stefan for the great presentation and products. Thanks Matt for organizing the group buy. Thanks everyone for making this a great club to be a part of. :)

Hannibal

Members
Awesome meeting!!! I have not been in a little while due to scheduling conflicts and was blown away with the amount of people who showed up. In talking with a few people there, last month's meeting was much of the same. The talk certainly inspired me as I am currently pricing everything now to set up my first fish rack. I will save the details for another thread. Thank you to all who make the monthly meetings possible month after month.

Becca

Members
I had a lot of fun and picked up a few "random foam facts" that I can certainly use as geeky ice-breakers for years to come.

Lots of good stuff in the auction this time, too!

Kareen

Members
It was a good meeting and Learn a little bit more about filtration I got to get my shrimp and my moss see you all at the BFD

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I wonder if anyone has recommended a background change on his slides. I found them very hard to read with those water bubbles. I think it was a great presentation otherwise.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Abby - I'd recommend reaching out to Stefan directly for the info on his slides. His email address is on his website.

Jon

I thought it was a very good presentation to a very good sized crowd. I have a pet peeve, though. As soon as his presentation was over and he began to take questions, people got up, started moving around, looking at auction items and chatting with each other. I found it difficult to hear the Q&A and was a bit mortified at the lack of courtesy. Can I suggest we either don't do a Q&A (folks can always ask questions personally) or consider the Q&A as part of the presentation and stay seated until it's over?? Thoughts?