• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thank you BFD

jstlstn

Members
Okay so the BFD was a couple of weeks ago now and I am finally posting about how good a time I had. I am just getting into the hobby after keeping fish as a kid. I learned a lot and met some nice people. Since I am not all that comfortable around large crowds especially when I don’t know anyone I stayed to myself most of the time but felt really welcome there during the lectures. Which by the way were great and very informative. The biggest plus is I scored just what I was looking for at the auction. Dragon bloods the male is looking so nice. Learned a valuable lesson Pat's table is always first on my list. Anyway thank you CCA BFD was a blast.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Glad you had a great time. Hopefully we will see you there again next year. Come check out a monthly meeting. Same great folks, great talks, and an auction. Just much smaller scale.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay so the BFD was a couple of weeks ago now and I am finally posting about how good a time I had. I am just getting into the hobby after keeping fish as a kid. I learned a lot and met some nice people. Since I am not all that comfortable around large crowds especially when I don’t know anyone I stayed to myself most of the time but felt really welcome there during the lectures. Which by the way were great and very informative. The biggest plus is I scored just what I was looking for at the auction. Dragon bloods the male is looking so nice. Learned a valuable lesson Pat's table is always first on my list. Anyway thank you CCA BFD was a blast.

Glad to hear you liked the event.
At my first convention the wife and I only talked to a couple of people but had fun. The next convention talked with a few more. Before I knew it, I was looking forward to the events more for the friends I had made than the fish.
I hit 3 or so per year now and have a blast.

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm ordinarily very reserved when first joining a group. Fortunately I got involved with the club right before they hosted the 2011 ACA meeting so I made myself volunteer for things. I'd show up not knowing anyone and leave with a bunch of friends.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I'm ordinarily very reserved when first joining a group. Fortunately I got involved with the club right before they hosted the 2011 ACA meeting so I made myself volunteer for things. I'd show up not knowing anyone and leave with a bunch of friends.

This is the way to go. Volunteer and make friends way faster.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishEggs

That was my approach at the BFD. Otherwise i don't talk to anyone.