• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Did You Get at The BFD?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
So, what did everyone get at the BFD? I told myself that I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on fish this year, but who was I kidding? I picked up some really awesome stuff:

- pair of heros liberifer (a mouthbrooding severum)
- male Rio Tempisque siquia
- the oxydoras niger cat from the auction
- group of heros notatus juveniles
- L-014 goldie pleco (been on my want list for a long time)

I also picked up some food from YFS and won a couple of raffles!

WorkingMan

Members
So, what did everyone get at the BFD? I told myself that I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on fish this year, but who was I kidding? I picked up some really awesome stuff:

- pair of heros liberifer (a mouthbrooding severum)
- male Rio Tempisque siquia
- the oxydoras niger cat from the auction
- group of heros notatus juveniles
- L-014 goldie pleco (been on my want list for a long time)

I also picked up some food from YFS and won a couple of raffles!

I grabbed some nice Neolamprologus lleleupi from Mark K. Keeping my Tropheus comapany. Also some really nice and big anubias. Kinda wish I bought more....
Bill Kay

spazmattik

Members
That niger cat was spunky!

Group of rio Candelaria salvini
Group of lyonsi
Pair of rio Animas siquia
Female honduran jag (thats already paired off with my male)
Female creamsickle midas

I told myself i didnt need any auction fish but wish I had gotten a card anyway, there were some steals on big nasties.

TeamPisces

CCA Members
second BFD

Hi All,

This was my second BFD. My first was a couple of years ago. I did not have a tank at that time. The market place was exciting. I came home with 5 Stevani reef juveniles, 3 Aulonacara stuargranti (Flavescent), and 5 yellow bushynose plecos. 1 flave did not make it, however the rest appear to be doing really well in QT. I left some a small sheet of Nori in the tank. They smashed it. I plan to keep in QT for several weeks before transferring.

I am getting a room next year for the event.

jmessineo1

Members
Hi all,

Last year I missed out on some of the gorgeous fish that Pat breeds, so this year I got one of every African that Pat brought haha.

Also got a Insignus, Ethelwynnae, and Kandeensis blue orchid from Jay.

Put them in my all male tank, had to put my old Bi Color in timeout for being a bully, other than that all are doing great.

CichlidDan

Members
I picked up a chilumba and albino eureka red from Pat, he has great fish! I also wanted to get a red cap and lemon jake but the person ahead of me got the last ones. :(

Becca

Members
Some YFS food, additional Scorpion/Centipede knives, additional Biotoecus opercularis, and some manzanita.

I kept it under control this year, for a change.

clearsky5

CCA Members
guess my big purchase was those fabulous albino whiptails from frank....

now I hope they will show me some love, and breed for me!

:rolleyes:

I think the largest highlight for me was when the young fellow WON
the "TANK TANK" !!!

He is going to have quite the showpiece to display to his friends...

Love to see the youth out there in the hobby....

dogofwar

CCA Members
There were some awesome pre-orders!

From Jeff Rapps I got some Rio Santa Lucia Chanchitos, some Laguna Molle Geo. cf. brasiliensis and a male Rio Animas to replace the one the female of my pair killed...

From Josh / Batfish I got a dozen green swordtails. I ordered some large green terrors but they didn't come in. Applied some of my credit toward one of the large L190 Royal Pleco's in Josh's big show tank...

I also pre-ordered Joey's book :)

At the auction, I won the bid on the wild pair of red throat Aequidens tetramerus from Peru and a "Mexican Standoff" print (thanks to Mahesh for bidding for me)!

At the Marketplace, got some of Andrew's awesome Aequidens patricki (thanks Jon Clark) and a female cutteri. Also got some plastic plants from Allen and Karen (thanks for the books for the boys) and a perfect piece of extruded clay for breeding Acaricthys heckelii (the fish, of course, just need to cooperate) from the Rosenthals.

Overall a wonderful weekend and got a few, really nice fish! Kinda glad I didn't get to stay to the end of the Rare Fish Auction on Saturday night or I'd bet that I'd have many more!

Matt

Aqua410

Members
I got a beautiful andinoacara rivulatus from Jeff Rapps. I preordered one from batfish and unfortunately his supplier forgot to pack it. I was about to head out for the night when I noticed Jeff had plopped a really great lookin male into one of his tanks and I bought it on the spot without hesitation.

FishEggs

I got to meet and hang out with some really awesome people, be a part of an awesome event, see fish that I've never seen before, and so many memories.

Other than all of that I got a bunch of plants, 2 syno decorus catfish from Tangled Up in Cichlids, 1 syno clarious? Catfish from auction and a bunch more fish from Batfish. Also some food and then more food from the raffle and other odds and ends.

Best of all I got a really great weekend!

Termato

Board of Directors
The event was great! It was my first one and I had a lot of fun.

I got some really cool stuff at the event:

- 3 Wild Discus from Josh
- 8 Matumbi Hunters from Josh
- 50 Cardinal Tetras from Josh
- 2 Dario Dario from Rachel
- 10 super red plecos
- 6 electric blue acaras
- Lot of food form aqua pharm
- Joey's book

I bought the ray at the auction, but I ended up selling it to Freddy (who I met at the BFD). Girlfriend was quite mad about me getting the ray when we are setting up so many new tanks with new fish.

I'm still waiting on 3 more Wild Discus and 15 emerald rasboras. I think once those get here, I wont be getting any new fish for a while. Luckily, I was able to get rid of some of the fish I had. I still have 3 medium sized angelfish if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

chriscoli

Administrator
I have a new rack of empty tanks, plus a few other tanks to "top off" with something interesting....so I didn't exercise as much restraint as others did.

Group Buys/Preorders:

Tangled up in Cichlids
Herotilapia multispinosa WC
Gymnogeophagus gymnogenys
Laetacara dorsigera
Thorichthys pasionis

Msjinkzd
White Clouds
Mystery Snails

Dave’s Rare Fish
Pseudotropheus elegans Luwala Reef “Yellow Tail Aceiâ€
Pseudotropheus sp. “Polit†Lion’s Cove
Haplochromis thereuterion Senga Point
Pseudotropheus saulosi Taiwanee Reef

Batfish
Benitochromis nigrodorsalis
Pelvicachromis drachensfelsi Wouri

SI Cichlids
Neolamprologus Cygnus-Falicula

Others:
Joey’s Book
Ted’s Most Excellent Food

Auction
Ptychochromis grandidieri (donated by Ted’s Fishroom - CARES)
Cryptoheros myrnae (donated by Matt Q – CARES)
Trichromis salvini “R. Grijlava†F1 (donated by TUIC)
Steatocranus sp. “Red Eye†WC (donated by Dave’s Fish)
Limnotilapia dardennii (donated by SI Cichlids)
Set of Dead Fish Order posters (donated by Chris Biggs)
Xtreme food (donated by Xtreme)

Marketplace
Brazil nut husks (GoWildPeru)
That weird plant sold at Dave S’ table
Paralabidochromis chromogynos (Jesse’s table)

chriscoli

Administrator
Also....please PLEASE remember to properly quarantine your stuff! I've already got two groups of fish that I got this weekend coming down with ich. And with all of the net and tank sharing that naturally goes on, I don't assume that the others weren't also exposed.

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Also....please PLEASE remember to properly quarantine your stuff! I've already got two groups of fish that I got this weekend coming down with ich. And with all of the net and tank sharing that naturally goes on, I don't assume that the others weren't also exposed.

+1. All of my crew are in QT. They all swimming with a lot energy. Seaweed on the clip is really working out for them. My Hikari gold baby pellets still seem to be too much for the mouths of the juves.