• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD - Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction Donations

frankoq

Members
maybe documented somewhere else, but what is the process to donate?
is it just bring the fish bagged before the auction?

Alpha1

Members
I know that there will be some great donations from Dave and other vendors... but what other CCA members or other hobbyists will be donating?

This is a great way to support your club and the hobby!

Matt

Matt, did the fish auction get canceled because of bad weather on Saturday night.

Andre

olzkool

Members
I will be bringing several different species for the auction donation. Not 100% sure of what yet, but for sure some mature White knights because they always seem to bring a premium, some really nice SRT fry, and probably some other fry and some random singles

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've received a few PM's recently about the auction. To clear things up, all items in the auction are donations to the club, either from members or sponsors. All sales go to the club. It's different from most auctions where people can sell their own items and split the proceeds with the club.

Also, the only way to gain access to the auction is to register for the event. There isn't an "auction only" registration option.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I am donating a group of 4 sub-adult Metriaclima glaucos Kanjindo Rocks ''Flameback'' that comes from Dave's stock, and 6 juvenile labidochromis sp. 'Hongi' I got from Craig (rastafish).

For anyone who is able to donate fish to the auction, please preregister them at www.mygroupauctions.com and follow the format I've provided. Please include a picture of the actual fish if possible, but even a stock photo would be appreciated.

I've already started entering some of the donations, and will be adding them as available. We're going to have a great selection of fish, the list is already looking impressive, and there is much more to come.

davidhusker

Members
Is the hospitality room going to kickoff at 1030 even if the auction is halfway over? I can't imagine all the lots being gone in 60 minutes.

I know in the past some socials and hospitality kick off, everyones at the auction/speaker event and when its over they show up and theres nothing left at the hospitality room. I mean it's worth thinking about for whoever is setting up the hospitality saturday night.

I just wanted to be sure everyone gets their fish AAAAND their beer :)