• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Funny Craigslist "Deals"

verbal

CCA Members
Just in time for the convention a 75 gallon tank for "1/2 price".

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/for/2500748692.html

HALF PRICE! 75 Gallon Fish Tank w/Stand - $600 (Hyattsville)

Date: 2011-07-18, 3:36PM EDT
Reply to: sale-e7mp9-2500748692@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Brand new, never been used, 75 gallon Aqueon black trim style tank with Black Oak stand (sold in stores for $1,200). Glass top and Light included. Dimensions: 48 x 18 x 20. Bottom Line: $600. NOTE: cash offers only. Buyer must pick up. Once the tank is gone I will delete the ad on craigslist otherwise please assume that its still available. Feel free to email me or call at 240-xxx-xxxx.

Hawkman2000

Members
Aquarium/Fish Tank Driftwood - $20 (Springfield, VA)

Date: 2011-07-29, 7:19AM EDT
Reply to: sale-rdhrw-2511593368@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Several Pieces of African Mopani and Malaysian Driftwood for aquarium, fish tank, or any other use you can imagine. All pieces are $20. Make u a deal: About 6 nice pieces and 2 small; so, buy the lot for only $100.

Cash is King

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3m73p63oc5Y65U35X2b7ofd6600a1bdfc12c4.jpg

Davey_8313

Members
That cash is king did repeats his ads every day. Usually a couple different ads for discus and a couple for other stuff also.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2543275773.html

You have to see the pictures so go to the link:

This is a custom built 55 gallon aquarium with bamboo surround and base that was purchased in Japan and shipped home when I was in the military. The base has a center drawer and cabinet with shelving on both sides. The tank and bamboo are in near perfect condition. There are small spots on the feet areas where the bamboo has split a little from being moved around. There are no leaks or crack in glass.

This aquarium is absolutely beautiful and you must see it! I am asking $800 dollars but price is negotiable (please don't insult me) I have been offered more than I'm asking unseen but was not ready to sell at the time.

Reply to this posting or text 571-330-8991

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n83o53la5V55Q65X0b8ca332b50d95f81ee3.jpg
3kd3of3l55Z65W15S6b8c9d43c3a1d45f12f2.jpg

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2543275773.html

This is a custom built 55 gallon aquarium with bamboo surround and base that was purchased in Japan and shipped home when I was in the military. The base has a center drawer and cabinet with shelving on both sides. The tank and bamboo are in near perfect condition. There are small spots on the feet areas where the bamboo has split a little from being moved around. There are no leaks or crack in glass.

This aquarium is absolutely beautiful and you must see it! I am asking $800 dollars but price is negotiable (please don't insult me) I have been offered more than I'm asking unseen but was not ready to sell at the time.

Busted leg? Sweet.

He should have taken the deal when he had the chance, lol....

wow is that ugly.

But maybe the fish appreciate having a pitched roof for themselves?

Amended to add: unless someone in the club intends to buy it, in which case it's a fabulous tank and a great deal . . .

Last edited:

verbal

CCA Members
Not exactly a funny listing, but a funny lister. I have some Club Seats to a Skins game. I figured it was a shot in the dark, but I offered them to a couple CL listings of big tanks.

One responds and asks for the ticket details. I send him the details and then he writes back that "he is not a big sports fan". I completely understand not being interested in the offer, but it seems weird to respond in the first place.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Not exactly a funny listing, but a funny lister. I have some Club Seats to a Skins game. I figured it was a shot in the dark, but I offered them to a couple CL listings of big tanks.

One responds and asks for the ticket details. I send him the details and then he writes back that "he is not a big sports fan". I completely understand not being interested in the offer, but it seems weird to respond in the first place.

LOL, saw that ad and wondered about it. :)