• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Funny Craigslist "Deals"

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Though it doesn't seem like a terrible deal, being reef and all, it really doesn't include all the stuff a normal reef deal includes. Hence the lousy looking inhabitants.

Anyway, reall posted this because I like the highlighted red line below. Really makes him sound like someone I'd like to buy a tank from...

265 gallon fish tank aquarium complete with filtration system &.... - $1000 (Northwest irving st)

Date: 2011-09-14, 4:48PM EDT
Reply to: sale-nvrue-2598801529@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
live rock
live sand
not drilled
With the stand it is about 7'3 wide
26" deep,
5'6" tall
i have a imporant and busy schedule so please dont waste my time

Call or text me..emails won't be responded to

(202)509-2486

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3nf3k03p35Q25U45R5b9e9c1be9f12e4c17aa.jpg
3m43of3lc5Z45P65R6b9e74bd6e7922b91326.jpg
3ne3m33p05O05T15P3b9e2e54f01ad8791b75.jpg

PostingID: 2598801529

Yes, he does sound like a very "imporant" person.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Is it me or does the tank appear to be listing to the right? Like a parallelogram.

Matt

Though it doesn't seem like a terrible deal, being reef and all, it really doesn't include all the stuff a normal reef deal includes. Hence the lousy looking inhabitants.

Anyway, reall posted this because I like the highlighted red line below. Really makes him sound like someone I'd like to buy a tank from...

Yes, he does sound like a very "imporant" person.

It does seem to lean to the right. Its probably a case of basement sloped to the drain and picture accentuated by light fixture being hung from level floorboards above.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
OPERATOR ERROR TAKING THE PICTURE AFTER DRINKING W/ REEL ADDICTION:D.

Right? lol.

So to recap, the post advertises a poorly aquascaped and maintained, mildly overpriced giant tank that has been setup incorrectly and may or may not now have stress/seal issues..... all from an angry gentlemen with no spell-check or time to return emails.

What's that number again? :p

Hawkman2000

Members
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bar/2597502791.html

36 gal bowfront aquarium w/ accessories (ashburn)

Date: 2011-09-13, 9:31PM EDT
Reply to: sale-yprme-2597502791@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi, I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank, no stand but I have filter, hood, light, chemicals and a bunch of miscellaneous decor. Everything would cost over 500 new. Willing to trade, let me know what you have. Will send pictures if requested. Also, everything works and is less than 2 yrs old. Thanks

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2597502791

500$ new, really?

verbal

CCA Members
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2614055458.html
5 FISH TANKS FOR SALE OR TRADE - $1500 (ASHBURN)

Date: 2011-09-23, 6:02PM EDT
Reply to: sale-rxymz-2614055458@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have 4 freshwater tanks and a brackish water tank.

1 30 gallon, 3 10 gallons and 1 five gallon brackish water. I have a
clown ghost knife fish, 8 inches
Black ghost knife fish 5 inches,
angel fish
silver dollar
3 turtles
1 12 inch pleco,
3 pufferfish, figure 8,
bumblebee goby.

I will trade for beats, iphone, or a 180 gallon fishtank with stand filter and all that other stuff.

verbal

CCA Members
My favorite part in this one is that the tank and stand were previously bought on Craigslist(I assume for a whole lot less).

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/2648754646.html
75 Gallon Fish Tank -- Reef Ready plus Ecoxotic LED Lights - $1 (Herndon, VA)

Date: 2011-10-13, 10:32PM EDT
Reply to: sale-xfxzy-2648754646@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
I am selling a used 75 Gallon Reef Ready Aquarium / Fish tank. This whole package comes with a 75 all-glass tank with a built in overflow, black oak stand and canopy, brand new Ecoxotic LED lighting & Stunner strips, and an All-Glass Megaflow kit.
This whole package would be at least $2500 in stores if you purchased everything separately at retail prices. I am looking to sell everything for $1500. I am not interested in selling items separately for now. I may be willing to part with all of the LED lighting so contact me and I can give you a price for all of the LED Lighting. Please see below for the background and listing of items included in this price. Thanks and please only email with serious offers. You will have to come and pick everything up because I do not own a truck. Please email if you would like more pictures.

A little background:
I bought the 75 Gallon fish tank a couple months ago used from somebody off Craig's list. I stripped the Oak wood and refinished it with a black color. The stand now looks like black oak and it looks brand new after refinishing it. The all glass tank looks to be in great condition. I've never tested it since buying it from Craig's List but I was told there were no leaks. The tank is reef ready which means it has a built in Overflow so that it sends water down to the stand underneath where you can keep a sump or filter of your choice.

The reason I am selling. . ..I know that I will be moving in the near future so I do not want to setup a whole saltwater tank and then have to move everything. When I first bought the tank, I was a little ambitious and thought I would be in my condo for a while. I really don't need to get rid of it, but I'm going to try and sell everything now and then when I move into a new house, I'll start all over. If I don't sell it, I can always just keep an empty tank in the condo for a year and then move. Everything thing I am selling is brand new, never been used; except for the stand and fish tank which I cleaned up and refinished so it looks brand new. The all-glass fish tank has some wear and tear from the previous owner, but no cracks or leaks that I can see. The tank will get dirty in a week anyways from the saltwater.

What is included in the price:

- Used 75 Gallon All-Glass Reef Ready Tank. I believe it's from the All-Glass company. Has a built in over flow in the left corner.

- Black Oak Stand & Canopy. Black oak has been refinished and I also put a protective water proof coating to protect the finish. The LED lights are already set up underneath the canopy. Stand looks to be from the All-Glass company as well. Tank and Stand/Canopy alone could retail up to $1200!

- 8 Ecoxotic Panorama LED Modules (3-453nm Blue / 9-6500K White). These are the blue/white modules that are used as the main lighting. These LEDs will last for years so you don't have to spend any money on replacing expensive bulbs. These LED strips are already installed under my canopy with a transformer, and they will be able to grow all types of coral. They retail at $100 each! Here's a link to the website:

o http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/panorama-modules/panorama-led-modules.html

- 4 Blue Ecoxotic stunner strips (12.5 inch 453nm blue LED). These add great color to the tank and a shimmer effect that looks great. These retail at $49 each. Each blue stunner strips comes with a reflector attached, which was an extra $8 each. Website:

o http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/stunner-led-strips/stunner-led-strips.html

- 2 Ultraviolet Ecoxotic stunner strips (12.5 inch 403nm Ultraviolet LED). Same as the blue stunner except it provides a deep purple light. I was going to use these as the Moonlight effect.

o http://www.ecoxotic.com/aquarium-led-lights/stunner-led-strips/stunner-led-strips.html

- I'm also including 2 Transformers for the stunner strips. I believe you can attach 6 stunner strips with each transformer.

- Megaflow Kit which is the plumbing you need to move the water under the tank into a sump or filter.

5O35W25X23nc3m83p4bad0f1f2b44a3f3109c.jpg

PostingID: 2648754646

verbal

CCA Members
"Large" Fish tank

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2653621677.html

Large Fish Tank - $200 (6 Thaxton Court)

Date: 2011-10-17, 12:25AM EDT
Reply to: sale-j6uyd-2653621677@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
This Fish Tank is in good condition , it's 17 1/2 inches tall and 18 1/2 inches long!

CASH ONLY PLEASE
CASH ONLY PLEASE
CASH ONLY PLEASE
CASH ONLY PLEASE DUE TO FRAUD INCIDENTS.

-Thank You

5Y15P65X43na3k23p6bag55c02de501a716cb.jpg
5Y05T65S23n83mc3lbbag0a191775dc271b43.jpg

PostingID: 2653621677

Last edited: