• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Funny Craigslist "Deals"

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I know its not fish related by I couldn't pass posting this one up.

29 Gallon Snake Tank Complete Setup plus GIFT (Germantown, MD)

Date: 2011-02-28, 11:09PM EST
Reply to: comm-p79p4-2240331750@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Today I have a 29 gallon tall with 2 screened lids (one with play vines attached) 2 water dishes, dried climb log thing, lid locks, and one heat lamp with red bulb. Whole set is up for 80
As a gift to the buyer will be my python, 1 yo 5 ft Cage snippy but fun snake. Email any questions.

Great "gift", huh?

verbal

CCA Members
The tank and stand seem reasonable, but the price for the lights seems very steep. Also a 5% discount seems low for a $1000 package deal:

150 Gal. Aquarium with everything (Falling Waters)

Date: 2011-02-18, 2:15PM EST
Reply to: sale-uktnc-2221601318@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Aquarium w/Stand, Lights & More. Will sell everything listed below as a package for $1000.00. If purchased seperateley items will be as priced.

150 Gallon All-Glass Aquarium (not drilled) w/glass canopy top $150 (canopy top not shown in picture)
Oak Stand $200
72" Outer Orbit Lights HQI with moon lights $500
CPR Refugium $200

http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/for/2221601318.html

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Got another:

I have a 30 gallon aquarium with ALL the bells and whistles. Its freshwater, has plant life 2 statues,more gravel than needed, filter, 2 heaters, 2 air pumps and gang valve, bubbly curtain stone, artificial plants, thermometer, about 17 fish(email for list) a few are angels,mollies,bala sharks, irridescent sharks,rainbow shark, also comes with api test kit, and many other chemicals. Looking to get a plasma/led/lcd tv 32" and up. May consider a DLP tv as well Ive put about 350 into this tank over the last 2 months. Plus the tank and hood itself was originally 300. I have taken great care of it. Email with questions, thanks.

P.S. Also will consider other trades, mainly electronics.

emartin

Members
110 Gal Aquarium & Supplies Best Offer - $950 (Yardley, PA)

Asking $950 or best offer for entire set up, worth much more.

110 Gallon Aquarium & Misc SuppliesComplete saltwater aquarium setup includes:
*110 gallon Oceanic all-glass tank with stand
*Two shark powerheads
*4-bulb compact fluorescent Moon-Lite fixture equipped with 2 Actinic and 2 10,000K bulbs
*Amiracle Pro-Line trickle filter with protein skimmer and 200 w heater
*Lil giant water pump (for water return)
*Tap water purifier with 1 replacement cartridge

Miscellaneous items to be included:
*Water quality test kits (for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phosphate, calcium, strontium and iodine)
*Reef supplements (for calcium, hardness, iodine, iron, strontium)
*Media Filter Bags
*Seaweed Sheets (Fish Food)
*Coralife 10,000 K 24" 20 Watt T12 Fluorescent Bulb (Not for this set up; maybe for your isolation tank)
*Coralife Wizard 36"Fluorescent Light Fixture - Holds two bulbs.

Located in Yardley, Pa and buyer must pick it up as no delivery is available.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/2263008219.html

150 Gallon Reef Ready Drilled Aquarium with stand - $1000 (Asbury Park Area)

For Sale:

Drilled 150 Gallon Reef Ready Aquarium with stand. This tank is a beast and ready to go for Reef applications.

Also available is a custom built sump (add $200)

It features...

Dual 3" overflows with integrated overflow box capable of 3600 gph...high water turnover = healthy reefs

3/4" thread x thread bulkheads for plumbing returns, which include 3/4" locline with flared nozzles.

Technical Specs:

150 Gallon Tank Build

Exterior Tank Dimensions: 72 3/8 L x 18 ½ W x 28 ½ H x ½ “ thick

Interior Tank Dimensions: 71 ¼ L x 16 7/8 W x 26 ¾ H

Exterior Sump Dimensions: 48 ¼ L x 18 W x 17 ¼ H.

Interior Sump Dimensions: Refugium- 12 L x 17 ½ W x 12 ½ H (11.4 gal)
Return- 20 ¾ L x 17 ½ W x 11 H (17.3 gal)
Skimmer- 14 ¼ L x 17 ½ W x 11 H (14.6 gal)

Stand Dimensions: 72 3/8 L x 18 ½ W x 36 H

Overall Height: 64 ½â€

Delivery is available for an additional charge depending on where the tank is going.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/2249012109.html

The second one really made me laugh... $1,000 for a 150g with just a stand? And the guy wants extra for the sump and local delivery?

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
2 OSCARS WITH TANK (FREDERICK)

Date: 2011-03-13, 10:51PM EDT
Reply to: comm-df2me-2263984628@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a 10 gallon tank not really sure the size with pump,lid food and everything in it , with two oscars less than a year there color is black and orange and white and orange. Asking for a small -rehoming fee for the two of them. Feel free to e-mail for pictures or questions

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I feel bad for the oscars

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Ebay, but still a good one. Worst part is that someone actually bid on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/20-gallon-repti...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb6506692

20 gallon reptile aquarium with filter

Current bid:US $80.00

20 gallon water turtle aquarium. The aquarium comes with original filter as well as extra cartridges. Great condition. I had 2 water turtles in the tank and because they are getting to big, I had to upgrade. I bought the tank 6 months ago at petco for $180.00. Great deal if you need a great tank.

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: hi,does this tank come with a hood/light?And what are the tank dimensions?I couldn't pay $80 but maybe for less.......... Mar-23-11
A: It comes with the hood but no lights. The dimensions are 30' by 12 1/2'. I don't know if I want to sell it for less, $80 for a tank, filter, filter cartridges, and hood is a GREAT deal. The hood alone is at least $20.

Tony

75 Gallon Aquarium Set Up - $450 (Burke, Fairfax)

Date: 2011-03-20, 8:30PM EDT
Reply to: sale-dddbm-2276700737@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

75 gallon aquarium set up includes tank, oak stand (black), glass lid and light. Used but well taken care of and in perfect condition. Livestock not included. $450. Cash and carry only please. Email if interested.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n33m43pe5W55X05S5b3k605e3f25d8911ea6.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55 Gallon Fish Tank with all parts - $400 (Leesburg, VA)

Date: 2011-03-18, 3:13PM EDT
Reply to: sale-8uz2r-2272776888@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

We are getting rid of our 55 gallon fish tank for space issues. It has the glass tank, the filter system, two heaters, aquarium rocks, and decorations, 5 fish, and the beautiful wrought iron stand that it all sits on top of. We can work out pick up or delivery if you are interested. This tank with all the parts and fish would normally go for well over $1000 in a retail market, this is a steal.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2272776888

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Another one.

HUDGE Fish tank & Tropical Fish (harford county)

Date: 2011-04-01, 8:07AM EDT
Reply to: comm-uvatv-2298739225@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

My husband and i seperated and i can not take care of this tank and fish like they need its to much on me, iv been told its a 180 gallon maybe even 200 gallon tank, it is on a stand, there is over at least 15 different tropical fish, and alge eaters, albino cray fish and more. I have so much for this tank and not sure what everything is. I was told by a friend who is into fish that the filter its self was close to $400.00, also i have 3-4 big fish decorations as well. The tank is full and needs to be drained before transport. You will need alot of help, i can have some help there to assist but please bring help. I can send a pic from my cell phone but you really need to see it in person to respect everything. The tank needs to be cleaned soon and i can not do it by my self. I was told i could easily get 800.00 for everything, the fish alone where very expensive. But i am asking a rehoming fee of 500.00 for everything and once you see it you will understand and at least i know who has this will take care of it. This is a big set with alot of stuff. text me or email me for more information 443-760-6312

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2298739225

Tony

Now that's a steal....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/2403077174.html

55 gallon aquarium plus extras - $400 (Stafford)

Date: 2011-05-25, 9:47PM EDT
Reply to: sale-u9q5b-2403077174@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Aquarium package includes;

55 gallon tank
filter
lights
rocks
net
water aging drops

What a steal!!!

call Kim 645-1386

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT.... This one is a better deal. Sorry.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/for/2403059195.html
***55 gallon goldfish aquarium - totally equipped and supplies - $400 (Hyattsville)

Date: 2011-05-25, 9:34PM EDT
Reply to: sale-frmch-2403059195@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
All items listed below are included in the total price of $400 which is a steal for items that could total well over $1300.
Will accept a trade for iphone 4, or 3gs and cash.

55 gallon aquarium and stand and lights - $ 200
Marineland 350 power filter with biowheel for 75 gallon aquarium and 6 marineland C cartridges - $35
Aquaclear 110 powerfilter for 55 gallon to 110 gallon aquarium aquarium with 2 large filter sponges- $80
30 pounds of white & blue gravel - $20
Underwater Buddha statue - $10
Plastic plants (large box) - $15
Upto 200V aquarium heater - $10
Aquarium air pump 100 gallon (4 outlets) with tons of tubing, 18" airstone, 12" airstone, small airstones etc. - $30
2 half gallon boxes of ammocarbs (ammonia remover and carbon) - $4 each
Extra filter media chamber for placing the marineland penguin 350 filter
Praziquantel - $6
Prime 250 ml bottle -$8
Extra large hand helf syphon i.e gravel cleaner - $8
3 large nets - $10
Algae remover -$3
Plant growth liquid - $8
2 extra light 18" inch light tubes -$15 each

Email for immediate response. call 2023806530

Tony

Ok.. had to include one more, just because the seller has a sense of humor....

125 Gallon Aquarium w/ stand! And more! (Herndon, VA)

Date: 2011-05-24, 7:57AM EDT
Reply to: sale-kbujn-2399392160@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
This was used as a freshwater tank by the previous owner. It's just too big for my current needs. Tank holds water and looks incredible! Includes black stand, hardcore filter, glass cover (one side chipped), and lights.

I'm looking to get $450- but I'll listen to all reasonable offers for the 125 w/ stand.

I'm also selling a 45 gallon tank. I'd like $75 for it.

You can have both for any reasonable offer. Please specify in your email which one you're interested in.

I'll sell both for $500.

Also, unlike SOME aquariums, these will not give your fish AIDS.

As you can see in the pic, I am a Carolina Panthers fan. Please. Have pity on me. My team went only 2-14. If you would like to give me much MORE than I'm asking, due to pity, I would welcome it.

rich_one

Members
Ok.. had to include one more, just because the seller has a sense of humor....

125 Gallon Aquarium w/ stand! And more! (Herndon, VA)

Date: 2011-05-24, 7:57AM EDT
Reply to: sale-kbujn-2399392160@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
This was used as a freshwater tank by the previous owner. It's just too big for my current needs. Tank holds water and looks incredible! Includes black stand, hardcore filter, glass cover (one side chipped), and lights.

I'm looking to get $450- but I'll listen to all reasonable offers for the 125 w/ stand.

I'm also selling a 45 gallon tank. I'd like $75 for it.

You can have both for any reasonable offer. Please specify in your email which one you're interested in.

I'll sell both for $500.

Also, unlike SOME aquariums, these will not give your fish AIDS.

As you can see in the pic, I am a Carolina Panthers fan. Please. Have pity on me. My team went only 2-14. If you would like to give me much MORE than I'm asking, due to pity, I would welcome it.
Gotta get one of those "hardcore" filters! ROFLMAO!!!

-Rich