• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Zac and Patty (FishMeds) with a Hello from Baltimore!!!

fishmeds

Members
Hi,
We figured we would make our introductory post here. My name is Zac and my girlfriend's name is Patty (I am writing on her behalf). We are long time fish enthusiasts and keepers, and we also run a small fish medicine company to help pay for our hobby. We live in Baltimore, MD and generally have run business to friends, colleagues, CL and eBay. We both are attending UMBC working on our MA degrees, and we both work for the state. Fish have always captivated me and I have had them since I was a young boy. In recent years, I have developed a chronic pain condition and fish keeping has really been great in getting me through those miserable days when I can't do anything and something to do when I am unable to go out.

We have quite a few tanks although we are selling many of them because we are moving to an apartment (I don't think the landlord would like us dropping a 135 gallon Oceanic through the fifth floor!).

Our active tanks are:
-58 gallon Oceanic Ultimate with 2 Eheim 2028 and Penguin Emperor 280 (we are about to dump both of the Eheims) w/ a variety of angels, about 15 juvenile firemouth cichlids, two green terror cichlids who are very terrorizing at all, a few adult rams head cichlids, gray cories, about 10 clown plecos (LDA-007 IIRC), 5 medium bristlenose plecos, 4 plecos identified as red plecos but do not meet the description of any documented one to my knowledge, a 5 inch common (which is tar black, has converted away from being nocternal and comes out to see us whenever we walk over to the tank), and a 14 inch common which is going to be going to a new home soon.
-20 gallon w/ breeder pair of silver angls
-20 gallon w/ breeder pair of koi and marble
-20 gallon w/ 25 beautiful angel fry from the most recent brood of the silvers
-10 gallon w/ 10, inch long bristlenoses
-and about 7 other tanks which aren't set up!

We love talking fish which is why we got into the company as we have really met some great people. I'm not sure how large this forum/club is, but I was pointed in the direction by a great guy named David who was a pleasure to do business with and talk fish with (he supplied us with the beautiful bristlenoses). We also plan to look into a dealer account here as we enjoy doing local business as it means meeting local people. :)

S0 hello!

lonlangione

Members
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at the next meeting, and really hope to see you on our membership roll soon!!!

Lonny

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Welcome to the Best Cichlid Club in the Whole Entire World!

Richard

Subby.png

fishmeds

Members
It was great to meet many of you guys at the last meeting! I really enjoyed talking to the members and it was the first time in a while I had a good time (we don't get out much these days so this was a big social outing). We drove directly to Florida for a short vacation after the meeting so we were unable to purchase any fish which stunk as there were sooooo many exotic and healthy fish at the auctions for such reasonable prices! We breed angelfish (and are trying German Rams), and will bring some if anyone is interested. We are now officially medication, New Life Spectrum and Rena Authorized Retailers...we want to offer discounts to members that we cannot offer online or in writing (below minimum retail price). With the blessing of the Community, we would like to bring some medication and New Life to the meeting. We look forward to seeing everyone their!

marge618

CCA member
Hello!
Welcome to the CCA forum! You will find people here very helpful and friendly. I look forward to seeing you both at the next CCA meeting.