• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Young Grasshopper.

T

tug

I've not been in this hobby for very long - keeping a pair of Angelfish, Scalare. I live in the DC area and have two planted tanks. Does anyone even keep plants in with their fish on this site? :unsure:

Any who, I will be borrowing a PAR meter from a friend living in Florida and was asked to take light readings from different tanks in my area, if anyone's interested. The only draw back is, I don't have a car. If you would be interested in picking me up to look at the PAR levels in your tank, PM me. All of the information will go towards a comparative study on light levels.

If I should post the PAR info under a different forum category please tell me.

minifoot77

Members
yes man i breed angels in a planted tank and welcome to the sight you should come check out a meeting in september

T

tug

I'd love to get to a meeting. It's difficult without a car. It seems to be holding people back from having me take PAR readings at their home as well. Sure, people are willing to have me stop in to check out their lights, just not if they have to drive my silly butt back and forth. I just might rent a car and make a day of it.
:sign0201:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.

and sorry to take so long to get your post approved.
I was away at the ACA convention.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hi Michael. Welcome to the site.

While I have plants in just about all of my tanks, most are just anubias to serve as LOS blocks and supplementary filtration in my Malawi tanks. Out of about 30 now, I only have two that I consider to be planted tanks.

One is a 45 high with rainbows, community rasboras/tetras and 2 koi angels. It has Coralife PCs over it. The other is a 20 with cories, a pair of cacatoides apistos and a couple of uncommon plecos. This also has Coralife PCs over it.

I've had both of these tanks setup for years now. I do fairly sporadic water changes and occasionally prune the plants, but not much more than that. I keep only easy plants and they grow like weeds. Honestly, I'm not sure what the PAR is in each tank, but don't really care all that much so long as the plants are fine.

I know that there are others on the site that keep plant-friendly fish that are much more into plants than I am. I just figured I'd throw something out there.

Check out the GWAPA site as well. There are some real plant-heads over there that could probably use some PAR readings.

Cheers,
Tony

longstocking

Members
We are a group of very friendly people... my suggestion is to make it to at least one meeting and I'm sure someone in your area would be willing to give you a ride for future meetings. We have people coming from everywhere.... some over 3 hours away. The meetings are well worth the effort to get there.

I keep lots of plants with my tang cichlids... and I know there are quite a few others out there in this club.