• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB or Trade - Female Long Fin ABN....

tremper

Members
C'mon Guys, does no one have one they can part with? I have a male to trade or will purchase though I would prefer to move one of the short fin males I have. I will be at the meeting Saturday.

verbal

CCA Members
How does one sex them?

Large females may have small bristles on the sides of the chin. However if there are bristles on the front of the nose it is a male.

Other Ancistrus both can have bristles(the male having more), but with the "common" varieties it is pretty clear.

mdlnewman

Members
Seems I have a pair, big one who hangs out in the log has the big spikes on top of the nose. Smaller one who hangs out beside/under the log has a 5 o'clock shadow. They don't seem to be in any big hurry to give me a spawn. Had them for prolly 2 years and nothing to see.

verbal

CCA Members
I could use a male if you are splitting them up. What are you asking for the male if he is available?