• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Canister Filter for 50+ gal (pref Fluval)

Shinchan

Members
Upsized my main tank slightly and my Fluval 204 can't quite keep up. Looking preferably for a Fluval 300 or 400 series canister filter but I'm open to other brands of a comparable size. Must be able to deliver to May meeting.

Preference given to whomever would take 5 cats (felines, extremely hairy, love to scratch furniture and barf on carpeted surfaces) in trade but I can also pay cash if required :D

toddnbecka

Members
I have a used fluval 305 sitting empty, recently replaced it with an eheim 2026. I also have a spare eheim 2215, brand new. I bought one on e-bay with a shattered canister and got a replacement canister from my lfs (swapped off 80 BN pleco's.)
As for media, the fluval has the 4 prefilter sponges intact, but I reused or replaced the other media from the baskets. I do have enough bioballs on hand to fill the whole thing though.
The 2215 has all the new media that comes along with the filter; pads, ceramic, etc.

Shinchan

Members
Let's see...2 orange, 1 grey, 2 striped tabby.

We went for a range of flavors to ensure that their frequently-shedded hair would show up on our clothes/furniture no matter what color.

I may be willing to throw in 1 extremely difficult/defiant 3 year old girl in relatively good condition. Prone to fits of rage and/or crying at a moment's notice, especially when fueled with a combination of Cheetos, ice cream and fruit juice...

But seriously...anyone want to adopt a cat (or five)? :blush:

toddnbecka

Members
My two dogs would love the cats, or at least they'd all get plenty of exercise.
You just need to think more creatively about the cats and child. Look for someone who has a large (hungry) python, and contacts with the black market for small children. With a bit of luck she may bring enough $$ to buy another tank. :lol:

hydrodmg

Members
Let's see...2 orange, 1 grey, 2 striped tabby.

We went for a range of flavors to ensure that their frequently-shedded hair would show up on our clothes/furniture no matter what color.

I may be willing to throw in 1 extremely difficult/defiant 3 year old girl in relatively good condition. Prone to fits of rage and/or crying at a moment's notice, especially when fueled with a combination of Cheetos, ice cream and fruit juice...

But seriously...anyone want to adopt a cat (or five)? :blush:
you are s.o.l i was looking for 3 gray 1 orange and 1 tabby
as for the child i have 3 on e bay right now i could possibly take IT in on consignment :D