• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Winters a comin

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Depends on power and weight of the unit you are using. Even with a 4x4 ATV we had, the plow is just not very useful on heavy snow or on deep snow. It's good for 2-4 inches at best on even pavement. If the snow is too heavy, you can really do damage to the unit (engine, transmission, drivetrain, etc.).

mchambers

Former CCA member
Want to reconsider?

We have a brand new one. I didn't even get it out this year. I doubt we will see more than 6-8 inches.
Looks like this is the real deal. One model predicts 18 inches, by 7 a.m. tomorrow!

Stay inside, everyone. Clean your filters, change the water, etc.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Looks like this is the real deal. One model predicts 18 inches, by 7 a.m. tomorrow!

Stay inside, everyone. Clean your filters, change the water, etc.

Stay inside? Lol we took the lil one sledding. Matt where is your inner child...your sense of adventure?
Lol we were the first out then all the neighbors saw us and all started to come out. Already moved two cars off our hill, too steep even for 4x4. Made it even more fun for the kids cuz no one else will go down our hill....no plows yet either, so might be good for more sledding tomorrow.

Does that make me a kid?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Forester

Members
Stay inside? Lol we took the lil one sledding. Matt where is your inner child...your sense of adventure?
Lol we were the first out then all the neighbors saw us and all started to come out. Already moved two cars off our hill, too steep even for 4x4. Made it even more fun for the kids cuz no one else will go down our hill....no plows yet either, so might be good for more sledding tomorrow.

Does that make me a kid?

Will be doing the same tomorrow until it stops snowing then off to work! Got over 15 houses lined up to shovel with my friends. Gotta get that fish money somehow! :D

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mchambers

Former CCA member

Does that make me a kid?

it makes you a parent, a good one! Outside is great, if you're walking or sledding. Just no driving.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
it makes you a parent, a good one! Outside is great, if you're walking or sledding. Just no driving.

Thank you! My wife would say otherwise....:) she came outside and was like it's too cold for this ish

I would not be driving anytime soon unless a few of my close cca friends or family needed some help.

I forget, are you walking distance to downtown? I wonder if people will walk instead of drive to go to whole foods or the majestic.....if anything is even open.

Last edited:

mchambers

Former CCA member
walking

I forget, are you walking distance to downtown? I wonder if people will walk instead of drive to go to whole foods or the majestic.....if anything is even open.
We are within walking distance of downtown Silver Spring, but I don't think we need anything, even if the stores are open. We and our kids are pretty much past the stage of life for sledding, too, but we'll be walking around the neighborhood, seeing friends, etc. A close neighbor has a bad back, so we'll be doing shoveling at her house as well as ours. That will keep us busy tomorrow.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
We are within walking distance of downtown Silver Spring, but I don't think we need anything, even if the stores are open. We and our kids are pretty much past the stage of life for sledding, too, but we'll be walking around the neighborhood, seeing friends, etc. A close neighbor has a bad back, so we'll be doing shoveling at her house as well as ours. That will keep us busy tomorrow.

You are awesome! That's really nice of you guys

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I just did our driveway, 3 neighbors driveways, and made paths for the dogs with the snowblower. Took me 6 hours.