• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Winters a comin

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Sooooo......A foot or two of snow or more could hit Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia on Friday or Saturday — but forecasting models don't yet agree on which areas will be hit hardest, or when.

So for some of us that means breeding time...as weather triggers that desire to spawn. For others that means stocking up and water changes as well as checking generators, batteries etc....

Even if we don't get hit it is still something to do every year

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
Bruce actually bought a snowblower on Amazon today!!! We've been talking about it for over a year now. We have a much longer driveway in the new house than the old one.

I hope he used Prime 2 day shipping.....

FishEggs

Bruce actually bought a snowblower on Amazon today!!! We've been talking about it for over a year now. We have a much longer driveway in the new house than the old one.

I hope he used Prime 2 day shipping.....

We moved from an apartment complex to a single family home in the country with a gravel driveway that was at least 300ft long. Of course we moved in january and got 18 inches of snow 2 weeks later. We were so unprepared for that. Didn't even own a snow shovel. Luckily half of it was a shared driveway and the neighbors were good folk.

JLW

CCA Members
If you really have fun using the new snowblower, and run out of snow... remember, I'm only 2 miles away. :p

jonclark96

Past CCA President
A snow blower is a life changing piece of equipment. Once you use it, you will be kicking yourself for not getting one sooner. You'll also resent any part of your driveway that you can't use the blower to get rid of snow.

I will admit that it is actually a bit enjoyable to remove snow with a snow blower.

Jt731

Members
I have a couple of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...C_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=penn+plax+battery

Which are the "hurricane pumps". Work great. Walmart in the sporting good fishing section have two sizes of ones that just use batteries, the small with 2 aa lasted about 22 hours.

Consumer based apc have come really far especially with lithium ion batteries being so prevalent, but don't plan on having power for more than a few hours, and that's only if the only thing is a pump or two. I have a decent one and it lasted about 2 hours with a smaller aelita pump on it and nothing else.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Supposed to be a serious drop in barometric pressure, so that might trigger spawning in some fish. I've not seen that kind of response, but others have reported it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Have the k1 heater ready to go.
Snow blower ready to go.
Generator ready to go.

Not much else I can do.