• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Winters a comin

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Spent a couple of hours with a testy snowblower, but got the first round of snow, 24+ inches, done. Since then, got another 5-6 to clean tomorrow. Gotta fix blower though, as it would stall out after about 5 minutes running. Hoping it's something like an air filter, if I can figure out where it is. As long as I was dressed warm, I felt fine during the heart of the storm.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Spent a couple of hours with a testy snowblower, but got the first round of snow, 24+ inches, done. Since then, got another 5-6 to clean tomorrow. Gotta fix blower though, as it would stall out after about 5 minutes running. Hoping it's something like an air filter, if I can figure out where it is. As long as I was dressed warm, I felt fine during the heart of the storm.

K check air filter, gas cap vent (it should let some air in to prevent pressure difference - not sure if you model has this) but run with cap loose to see if that keeps it from stalling. And as always check carb.

I know you know these things, just reminding not to forget the basics

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mchambers

Former CCA member
Corydoras c123 just spawned, without the benefit of a water change. Probably just a coincidence, but it is still cool.

Forester

Members
Me and 2-4 friends shoveled over 20 houses and made over $1000 in less than 12 total hours, and we have more to do tomorrow. Lots o fish money!

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Me and 2-4 friends shoveled over 20 houses and made over $1000 in less than 12 total hours, and we have more to do tomorrow. Lots o fish money!

Well done! I guess the goung rate for a driveway is much higher than when I was a kid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Forester

Members
Well done! I guess the goung rate for a driveway is much higher than when I was a kid.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yep. The snow was so much that a most everybody paid us more than we asked for. We also dug out a lot of cars and driveways.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I worked for 6 hours Saturday. Yesterday, I was so tired, sore, and sick I couldn't do much of anything. Today, feeling a bit better. Lots of snow.

Vinh2o

Members
Cory, I feel your pain. It took me over 5 hours to shovel my walkway and get both cars out. I even had a neighbor with a snow blower chip in to help until he ran out of gas. The only reason I think I don't feel too bad today is because I am a cyclist who does century (100 mile) bike rides each year. I know for a fact if a person did not have any kind of normal exercise routine and they tried to shovel all that snow yesterday they will be feeling it today.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
We can't take any more this time, my crew is just about tuckered out. We hit over 30 houses in under 18 hours.

I was the leader so I got that fee most of the time :D

I think it's time you expand your crew and you become supervisor..

Forester

Members
I think it's time you expand your crew and you become supervisor..

Sounds like the right idea, if only we had snow more often. With the next snow I'm gonna have three teams of 3 or 4. I was just gonna lead one team, but that's a good idea. I'll just be a floater and supervise. Only issue now is lack of a drivers license :)

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Sounds like the right idea, if only we had snow more often. With the next snow I'm gonna have three teams of 3 or 4. I was just gonna lead one team, but that's a good idea. I'll just be a floater and supervise. Only issue now is lack of a drivers license :)

With the money your making hire a driver....
Keep it up btw that kind of drive is something you don't see too often even In Adults

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Cory, I feel your pain. It took me over 5 hours to shovel my walkway and get both cars out. I even had a neighbor with a snow blower chip in to help until he ran out of gas. The only reason I think I don't feel too bad today is because I am a cyclist who does century (100 mile) bike rides each year. I know for a fact if a person did not have any kind of normal exercise routine and they tried to shovel all that snow yesterday they will be feeling it today.

I had a snowblower and did 4 driveways plus some paths in the yard for the dogs in those 6 hours. I also shoveled and did a lot. I'm 28, but I started out being sick, and shouldn't have went as hard as I did.