• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Willing to trade any of my items...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
...under the 'What are you bringing to the meeting thread?' for a couple of large flower pots, regular clay or glazed, or maybe even plastic/other if they're not junky/ugly. I do mean large - something approaching the size of a 5 gallon bucket would be swell. Could also just buy them if anyone has extras/orphans. My desire to avoid Home Depot is a bit like Brer Rabbit's representations regarding the Briar Patch. There's a limit to what I'll endure even for a gardenia.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
MAN I USED TO LOVE BRER RABBIT AS A KID.....I ALMOST PEED MYSELF THE FIRST TIME HE HAD A ENCOUNTER WITH THE "TAR BABY" ROTFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sam - If Home Depot freaks you out, you could try Michael's. They have clay pots year-round at cheap prices.

dogofwar

CCA Members
small ones are 3/$1 at the dollar store.

Michaels has 40-50% off coupons in the Sat and Sun papers a lot of times (and sometimes in the stores).

Matt

Plenipotentiary-at-large
if you want to avoid chains and go local, try Behnke's on Route 1.

I want to avoid everyone and everything except for the CCA and its refined illustrious members, as well as buying anything new that could be recycled from somewhere else.

I just know there are large unused/unloved pots all over creation, fear that people just aren't aware of how grateful I'd be to anyone who'd bring me one or two.:D

fischfan13

Banned
I want to avoid everyone and everything except for the CCA and its refined illustrious members, as well as buying anything new that could be recycled from somewhere else.

I just know there are large unused/unloved pots all over creation, fear that people just aren't aware of how grateful I'd be to anyone who'd bring me one or two.:D

Who YOU callin' refined?:mad:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I will check. I know I have a few hanging baskets but not the pots for them and a few plastic pots as well. If I do, I will toss them in the car for ya!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
How about as in 'distilled'? Drawn as we are from the larger seething mass of humanity, its dregs and otherwise, somewhat united in a common obsession with things damp, cold-blooded and otherwise glorious - does that work?

fischfan13

Banned
How about as in 'distilled'? Drawn as we are from the larger seething mass of humanity, its dregs and otherwise, somewhat united in a common obsession with things damp, cold-blooded and otherwise glorious - does that work?

Now you're callin' me a dreg???

That's more like it!:D

mscichlid

Founder
Hey! I resemble that remark! LOL

I have clay pots behind my shed, but none that large. Besides, I couldn't tell you if there has been fertilizer in them or not.

dustin

Members
Hey avatar, are you really as intelligent as the words you speak? Or do you read it from a book or something? Just curious.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
More so...

...and steeped in humility.

In truth I have help. I happen to own (inherited) the only known set of the Encyclopedia Aquatica - all twenty volumes. Its basically the definitive metaphysical work on freshwater husbandry, drawing upon and integrating scientific theory, religious dogma and philosophical/political doctrine into a holistic and arguably synergetic cosmology. Very potent stuff - find that a little goes a long way, like so:

"An aquarium is natural selection wihin a box, but all the actual evolution occurs outside the glass". — Freshwater Paradigms, Chapter 1, Volume 2, Encyclopedia Aquatica