• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wild Oscar?

Cartel

Members
Ok well not really... well kinda.... So after the BBQ Sat I met up with a couple friends and we went to go fishing for a bit at a small pond in Crofton. As soon as we start fishing I see something big and orange come up by my feet at the edge of the water. I flipped out and yelled OMG ITS AN OSCAR!!!!! My friends didnt belive me and came and checked him out. He was a good foot long at least he was biig! Theres no mistaking him it was def an oscar he came up about 3 feet from me. We tried all night to catch him but he wasnt biting at anything. My friend forgot the live bait so im sure that would have helped. I plan on trying again soon though. Its a small pond and finding him wasnt hard. He hanged out with us all night and would come back and forth. Next time im bring live bait and a net. Anywho I just thought it was nuts because he was big and def not suppose to be there. I take it someone dumped him off recent. Ok so all I had was the iphone so sorry for crappy pics but its the only evidence I have. Whoa sorry for the hella long post.

0f1a2876.jpg

1722163d.jpg

4ab0549e.jpg

08de2331.jpg

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Cool pics. He'll proabaly hand feed. Try with night crawlers and see if you can net him. He'll die over the winter. He difinately looks people friendly.

F8LBITE

Members
It would be cool if you rescued him. Its sad that someone grew him out and instead of getting a bigger tank they just dumped him.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I hope you go back and get him soon. It would suck for something so large to freeze to death this winter. I also would not want any news like this to get out and further fuel the hr669 proposal.

Sonny Disposition

Hard to tell from the photo. It could be. Try the live bait. Shiners would be good. They emit lots of shreckstoff when you put them on a hook. (Natural predator attractants.)

And have a back up plan. Pick up a cast net from Sports Authority. Search YouTube for the videos on how to throw one, and you may just get him.

Good luck.

Cartel

Members
It was mos def an Oscar all my friends saw him and he literally came up to a couple feet away. My plan is to use live bait next time and hope that works. Ill have to find out next time I can go out there and update here. And maybe someone will want to tag along because thinking about it I have no where to put this guy. Id really like to take him/her out though.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
PAT IM DOWN TO TRY AND CATCH/NET HIM? CROFTON IS LIKE 10 MIN FROM MY HOUSE. I THINK WE CAN GET HIM WITH LIVE BAIT OR THROW A CAST NET TO GET HIM .:cool:

Cartel

Members
I might be going out there sunday to try again. Then again I might be going fishing somewhere else who knows. If anyone wants in lemme know or sat or any other day really.....

DQ was the first person I called when i saw it lol

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Hard to tell from the photo. It could be. Try the live bait. Shiners would be good. They emit lots of shreckstoff when you put them on a hook. (Natural predator attractants.)

And have a back up plan. Pick up a cast net from Sports Authority. Search YouTube for the videos on how to throw one, and you may just get him.

Good luck.

Yea, there's this cool Youtube video where a girl throws a cast net. OMG, you have to see it to believe it. Sonny put that video on our forum.:)

You guys have got to save him, he looks incredible.

Do it!!!

RM

I wish I lived closer than an hour away I would have already gone and tried to get the fish out. Whoever is going post a time when and I will try to swing it. I may have time Sunday. Whos got a cast net? We should bring a little NLS too lol. He might be used to eating floating pellets.

Cartel

Members
Alright well then maybe we should set a time that works for everyone so we can meet up.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org