Whose been to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Better I should ask who wants to get "the tour". They have a single labyrinthine cascade that runs from simulated sub-alpine freshwater habitat all the way down to a lowland waterway with frequent stops (pools) to showcase progressively larger (more voluminous and as well as complex, warmer, stable, etc.) ecosystems and populations of fish. It totally rocks. I bet if we asked nicely they'd grant us a specially guided behind the scenes tour (Road Trip!) which I happen to be terribly interested in because I want something like it (small and on the cheap of course) in the house I build/enhance for myself some day. Thus do I imagine.

A group of accomplished and/or budding fellow ichthyologists whom happen to be hosting the American Cichlid Association show this year, how can they resist? And perhaps they're interested in the show? Cross-promotion and all that...

Amazing exhibit in any case. Thoughts? Could work in a collecting trip on the side perhaps.

Sonny Disposition

I visited for the NANFA '98 annual meeting, but my memory is hazy. It would be a great trip, but the drive is about ten hours, as I recollect.

Better I should ask who wants to get "the tour". They have a single labyrinthine cascade that runs from simulated sub-alpine freshwater habitat all the way down to a lowland waterway with frequent stops (pools) to showcase progressively larger (more voluminous and as well as complex, warmer, stable, etc.) ecosystems and populations of fish. It totally rocks. I bet if we asked nicely they'd grant us a specially guided behind the scenes tour (Road Trip!) which I happen to be terribly interested in because I want something like it (small and on the cheap of course) in the house I build/enhance for myself some day. Thus do I imagine.

A group of accomplished and/or budding fellow ichthyologists whom happen to be hosting the American Cichlid Association show this year, how can they resist? And perhaps they're interested in the show? Cross-promotion and all that...

Amazing exhibit in any case. Thoughts? Could work in a collecting trip on the side perhaps.

rsretep

Members
Juanita and I are planning a vacation to Tennessee in the next month or so. The aquarium is definitely on our agenda along with Dollywood and a trip to Memphis for some "real" barbecue. Can't wait to go