• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who Is?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Anytime someone registers and awaits validation, their name will still show when they are on the site even if I have not approved them yet.
Every few days I go on and see who is trying to validate and then send an email to them asking a question. If they respond properly then I approve as a user. If they do not then I delete the account. When they are awaiting validation they only see what a visitor sees and can not post or use the PM system.
There are almost always some waiting there. Some are fish people and some are not. Thats why they are not automatically approved. I also check the IP address of the person to see where they are from. If not in the states then I delete them.
There is a sticky that tells them to email me when they are registering but only a very few do.
Usually about 25% or so actually respond to my email. The rest are probably spammers.