• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

When talent, spontaneity, and aquatic botanicals meet...

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
The coolest thing about being a relative newcomer to the freshwater "Big Leagues" is that you get to meet some of the cool people who are very highly regarded in that arena. This past weekend, I was privileged to speak at a conference that had a rare mix of freshwater and reef speakers, and got a chance to catch up with some cool people that I'd not previously met.

One of those was Luis Navarro, one of the hobby's legendary aquascapers, aquatic plant lovers, and biotope enthusiast extraordinare! Luis and I spent a lot of time talking and comparing pics of aquariums, aquaecapes, and in his case, incredible wild habitat videos he took in Mexico. You've seen some of his planted tank pics on these pages before.

It didn't take long for me to find out that, in addition to being a supremely talented aquascaper, Luis is an absolute lover of some of these unique habitats, particularly ones with lots of leaves, branches, and other plant material making up the substrate, and has been itching to work with materials to replicate them. (click to read more)