• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

whats the next fish on your list of "i gotta have it?"

which do you prefer

• Total voters

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Oh no doubt!

I have a new Red Devil that I got from Steve F,"RockMan." This past December I was over Steve's house and he had a 125 gallon around six feet long full of Cichlids.

He told me if I wanted the little Red Devil in the tank then I would have to catch it myself because he gave up several weeks ago. Apparently he had been trying to sell it, but he couldn't catch it.

Anyways, I caught that sucker in 5 minutes...and he was mine. Took him home that night and he had a slight tint of orange and black, I guess he was still changing. I think he was 2 inches long at the time.

Check it out, it is now March and this vicious little monster already has a full hump on his head and is all orange and is only 4 inches big. Nasty is his middle name and he has already took over a 29 gallon tank full of Africans. I had to move him out so when I netted him he must of weighed like a freakin pound. He was Heavy! WOW!

It's pretty cool, I like my South Americans a lot so right now I have a Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror and 4 Monster Oscars.

RM

Tropheus

Members
10 Tropheus Bemba or Ikola (Juvies). Looking for a local source that is within driving distance of Baltimore but coming up dry.

rsretep

Members
gotta go with the shellies

am looking forward to some new lamprologus stappersii (meleagris) awesome little fish beautiful colors

maddog10

Members
I am probably going to follow the advice of a friend of mine and try keeping some of the more difficult/rare Tangs. :D

Will have to rehome some of my pikes first.

Last edited:

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
WC Tropheus moorii Kasanga, since I just got my "top of the list" WC Fire Fin comp. After I get the Kasanga, WC Mpulungu will probably be next. I have to say tho, the WC paracyp nigripinnis is climbing the ladder. Kasanga is next tho.

its march madness you can stay at my crib! :D lmaooooooooo! the couch isnt too bad just make sure you get conjugal visits rotflmao;).:D
im kidding man i understand. my ball and chain told me not to bring another tank into the house.;)

Sounds like a plan, I guess I could come over at about 2:30pm thursday right before The Terps get it going against the Golden Bears:D

Mikeinco

Members
There are so many different directions i would want to go in. I'd love a group of Penang Eruption Discus, A south american dwarf Ivannacara Adocote,a group of P. Menarambo, Also a group of G. Moba's would be awesome.

cmcpart0422

Members
Labeotropheus fuelleborni, Labeotropheus trewavasae (Zimbawe), albino socolofi, Ps. Acei "yellowfin". I would love to add any of these species to my tank. Anyone ever keep any of them?

Sonny Disposition

I currently have some trewavasse. I don't know if they're Zimbabwe or not. (Probably not.) They're still pretty young--less than two inches long. They act a lot like Mbuna, but the coloring is really variable. Some of the females are tan, while some are almost orange. One of the males is light blue with dark barring. The other male (I think it's a male) is greenish brown. The blue one looked like he was going to be dominant, but the other day I noticed the greenish brown male chasing him.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Labeotropheus fuelleborni, Labeotropheus trewavasae (Zimbawe), albino socolofi, Ps. Acei "yellowfin". I would love to add any of these species to my tank. Anyone ever keep any of them?
i have kept them all and they are easy to raise and keep. ;) good luck with yours.

FEED ME.jpg

FUELLEBORNI 3-22-9 MALE.jpg

Julie

Members
Like Sarah, I'm really wanting more sandsifters! I had wanted some Xenotil. Ochrogenys Ndole Bay , but that shipment didn't pan out... :mad:

Of course there's always another apisto, more cyps, tropheus, and small pikes to keep me interested in fish... I won't pine away from want of something new!!

My big new purchases plan include shrimp tho. I've kept them successfully and bred them in the past. Now to try some new and different varieties!!

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'd like some more Lamena - Paretroplus nourisatti. I had a pair a few years ago...the female jumped out...and I sold the male.

I'll need a tank / set-up a lot different than what I have now so for now I'll stay wanting!

I also want more Gymnogeos from Eastern Uruguay...as well as some of the brasiliensis and Cichlasoma from that neck of the woods.

Oh yeah, and a Gymnogeo. australis male to replace the one who popped his bag on the way back from Uruguay...

Mikeinco

Members
I'd like some more Lamena - Paretroplus nourisatti. I had a pair a few years ago...the female jumped out...and I sold the male.

I'll need a tank / set-up a lot different than what I have now so for now I'll stay wanting!

I also want more Gymnogeos from Eastern Uruguay...as well as some of the brasiliensis and Cichlasoma from that neck of the woods.

Oh yeah, and a Gymnogeo. australis male to replace the one who popped his bag on the way back from Uruguay...

The P. Nourisatti is another one on my list too. I'm really digging the Madagacar Cichlids right now but just don't have the tank space to do it. What was your Nourisatti like? I hear they are extremely aggressive.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I actually kept them together with a bunch of severums and stuff in a 75g...there was a little aggression but not what's been reported.

Based on all of the stories I put them in their own divided 40g breeder...to protect them...when (about a year later) the female jumped out. They had acted like they would spawn a couple of times (through the divider) but never did.

Here's a picture of one of them (a male, I think).

Matt

lamena.jpg

Jumbie

Members
I actually kept them together with a bunch of severums and stuff in a 75g...there was a little aggression but not what's been reported.

Based on all of the stories I put them in their own divided 40g breeder...to protect them...when (about a year later) the female jumped out. They had acted like they would spawn a couple of times (through the divider) but never did.

Here's a picture of one of them (a male, I think).

Matt

NIce fish...Man that really sucks to have that female jump out after the year.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I would consider it but they are 10-12'' and I would need to put them in a separate tank since they are a breeding pair. The other thing is that I want some smaller one maybe 3-5" so I can watch them grow. That's just one of my pet peeves:p
Growing out is half the fun. I may have a small Oscar for you if your interested.

It's pretty cool, I like my South Americans a lot so right now I have a Red Devil, Red Terror, Green Terror and 4 Monster Oscars.

RM
Do you have any pictures of those?

I don't want anymore fish, but I keep ending up with new ones.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Growing out is half the fun. I may have a small Oscar for you if your interested.

Do you have any pictures of those?

I don't want anymore fish, but I keep ending up with new ones.

Michael, if you go to my picture albums under my SubMariner screen name you should be able to see most of my South Americans. Or you can go to Social groups under South American/Central American fish and find my pix there.

Otherwise, I'll do my best to get you some pics of my Green Terror and both my Red Devil and Red Terror too later this month.

Thanx for asking.

Richard