• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

whats the next fish on your list of "i gotta have it?"

which do you prefer

• Total voters

Mikeinco

Members
I actually kept them together with a bunch of severums and stuff in a 75g...there was a little aggression but not what's been reported.

Based on all of the stories I put them in their own divided 40g breeder...to protect them...when (about a year later) the female jumped out. They had acted like they would spawn a couple of times (through the divider) but never did.

Here's a picture of one of them (a male, I think).

Matt
I love those. I actually have a lone male Menarambo in a tank with Severums right now. He's just a baby but not afraid of the Severums and they are twice his size. I'd love to have Nourisatti and Menarambo in the same tank someday.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Dude, you don't know how much :mad:

They were in my fishroom in my garage...I looked for like 20 minutes for the fish...couldn't find her. I thought that someone swiped her (like that makes sense)! Found her like a month later all dried up.

NIce fish...Man that really sucks to have that female jump out after the year.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Another fish I'd like to have again is Hemichromis sp. "Guinea II" AKA Hemichromis simballa.

I actually brought my pair from Sacramento here...they were older fish and never quite settled down. I have what I think is a pair of "Guinea I" but I'd like to try the simballa again.

Here's a picture of my old male (RIP).

Hemichromis simballa.jpg

I have entertained the idea of keeping some african cichlids but I am not too familiar with them. any ideas on species and care info would help.

BevN

Members
Not to be too picky or anything but a female Uaru fernandezyepzi....Fernando is lonely....sighhhh.