• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What should I put in this thing? new 150g

Diogenes

Members
So it's not a done deal yet but I think I found a good deal on a 150g and the wife is going to give me the green light. I've wanted a large tank forever but now that one is in sight I don't know what to put in it.

I am open to any and all suggestions. What would best take advantage of the tank? I think it's a standard 150 6 feet x 18 inches. What do you guys think?

Diogenes

Members
I've never really been into africans but they are colorful and the mouthbrooding behavior is somewhat interesting. Do they behave as interestingly as NW cichlids?

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've never really been into africans but they are colorful and the mouthbrooding behavior is somewhat interesting. Do they behave as interestingly as NW cichlids?

No ;)

I'd go with a group of surinamensis type geos (like altifrons) and some interesting characins and plecos. Pink tail chalceus, especially in groups, are amazing.

Matt

Diogenes

Members
No ;)

I'd go with a group of surinamensis type geos (like altifrons) and some interesting characins and plecos. Pink tail chalceus, especially in groups, are amazing.

Matt

i thought about satanopercas would they work? I also thought about red head trapajos (sp?) and rotkiel severums. I also thought about uaru. Any thoughts?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I like the idea of the tapajos. Perhaps go with h. notatus or atabapo instead of the rotties for something a bit less common.

Diogenes

Members
Here's another important question:

Would any club members be available tomorrow to help me unload this behemoth in the takoma park area? my wife volunteered to help, but once she sees how heavy it is I might find myself shorthanded. I could probably offer pizza or beer or something.

Diogenes

Members
I also considered a pair of A. citrinellus. Then every fish I own almost would be endemic to lake nicaraugra... =)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Please dude, don't crush your wife with your tank.

It can be done with 2 people and a dolly but track down a couple of dudes and send your wife out for a massage (or other good reason to be "elsewhere") :)

Wish I could help but I'm going to have my hands full...

Diogenes

Members
right now I'm renting a uhaul pick up and the guy i'm getting it from says that he and a friend loaded it last time. He also says he has help on his end.

My wife volunteers with the make a wish foundation and she has a volunteer event tomorrow...

Diogenes

Members
I'm thinking about hiring migrant laborers. I think there's a place down the street where they congregate.

Diogenes

Members
yeah I'm from alabama and despite my best efforts the closest friends i've made in the DC area all have scales and gills. My best friend in the area has cerebral palsy and I'm not sure he could handle the weight. I'm seriously looking into day laborers. If it works out it shouldn't be too expensive.