• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

what illness?

Digital

Members
This guy swims and eats, but eventually he will rapidly descend and lay on the substrate. i don't see any damage from fighting or other signs of disease/parasites.

Any ideas?

20171013_164203.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Probably damage to the swim bladder from fighting. I've had a couple fish like this over the years. Their health usually deteriorates over time.

Digital

Members
This guy is worse now. tried a 10 minute epsom salt bath this morning. Also moved him to a 2g tank so he can just rest. He still eats but he seems to just getting worse and worse.

Digital

Members
He is finally getting better. I have him a 2g tank with half tablespoon of epsom salt. Two weeks ago he was paper thin and just laid on his side. now he is thickening up again and will swim around for a bit when fed. he stilll rests on the gravel, but at least is upright. I feed him as much spiruline flake with metro as he can eat once a day. I'm also changing his water three times a week.

With the big improvement this week I think he just might pull through.