• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did everyone get at The BFD 7?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I know that there were a lot of purchases at the BFD based on the number of people I saw walking around with a ton of fish bags. What did everyone pick up?

I got a group of gold managuense from the auction, donated by Jeff Rapps and a group of multis from David Sombach. I also got a ton of food from Super Cichlids.

lgfelic

Members
Chalinochromis brichardi and Cyprichromis leptosoma 'Tricolor Jumbo' from the auction. (I'm really bummed I didn't win the Desmopuntius johorensis).

From preorders: Phoenix tetras, Orange chela dadios, Betta prima, Aulonocara Usisya, sailfin tetras, Apisto pantalone, Devario sondhii, and L129. A couple of other things I ordered did not arrive. Also got some foods from Yourfishstuff.

Blue Neocaridina shrimp, cholla wood, Repashy, 2 Fluval 306, Elassoma Okefenokee, Pelvicachromis sacrimontis, and some plants. I really wanted to buy a trio of Ophthalmotilapia ventralis but did not have a tank suitable for them.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I picked up a bag of food, five new Synodontis Multipunc's and a male Albino Dimidiochromis Compressiceps from Mike's. Ten Corydoras Venezuela Orange and two yellow/black horned Nerite snails from A&B Spartan Aquatics. A bunch of Cholla, three Zebra Otto's from Emanuel's table and a big 10hr DC or AC power pump from James at Discus R us. I also got a bunch of new Lemon BN from IndianaSam IndianaSam I wanted to grab some other stuff as well but I waited too long and it was all sold.

Freakgecko

Members
I got:
Adult pair of Aequidens metae
12 lemon tetras (Batfish preorder)
L190 (Batfish)
2 altolamprologus sp sumbu white dwarf
Crinium bulb
7 rummynose (Becca’s AB tank)
3 Corydora knaacki (Becca’s AB tank)
5 blue eyed blonde L144

Think that’s everything I grabbed. If I had known that used filters and parts were selling so well, I would grabbed a table, I have a lot of aqua clear parts and stuff. Guess there’s always next year

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I didn’t buy any fish. Because my plans weren’t set, I didn’t do any preorder lists and there were slim pickings after I was done selling fish at my table.

I did pick up a ton of crypts from Wet Sleeves Wet Sleeves for a new tank that will eventually house Dario dario.

lock jaw

CCA Members
This was my first BFD, It was fun, you guys did a great job! I was looking for some nice fish and i found some good ones.

I bought this Star Sapphire from Mikes Cichlid's Friday evening, he had just unpacked it. I wasn't sure if there would be better deals over the weekend but I had been looking for one for a while, so I grabbed it.

I also got this, Friday evening, from J&J aquatics. I believe its an OB Fyeri. Very nice. He has a nice fully red OB but someone had bought it before me. bummer.

I really didn't think the Sunday marketplace would be like a black friday sale, but I got there early and waited in line for 30-40 mins before the doors opened. People were rushing around and there was a lot of stuff to look through. I did manage to pick up two nice fish.

I got this sulfur-head from a guy called Manesh (sorry if i spelled that wrong).

Last one I got was from Mike Cichlid's again, he had fish bagged up and was trying to get rid of them so he could drive to Florida. I ended up getting an Iceberg electric blue, he has some scale damage but I think its from the stress of travel and being in a bag for several days. Still a good looking fish.

lizardboy

CCA Members
I picked up some shadow pandas from buy pet shrimp, as well as some tangerine tigers and fissidens moss at the market place. I wish I had a tanganyikan tank, the selection was amazing this year!

lock jaw

CCA Members
What were some of the highlights of the rare fish auction? I was unable to go but I heard someone talking about a Star Sapphire.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I picked up a lot of things commonly referred to as "cichlid chew toys." Amazing cories and rasboras from Frank Cowherd, some nice plants from Viktor.

Was great stopping by and catching up with some old friends. Miss the crew and hope to see you all again sooner than later.

Cheers.

lkelly

Members
I bought the star sapphire to replace my dearly departed male (someone from last year has a framed poster of him from the raffle). He successfully survived the night in the room and the ride home and is now doing great in my tank.