• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What commercially produced foods are you using

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
they are good. I have used them for a while now. Plus I like supporting them sine they were big supporters of ours for a quite a few years.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I mostly use NLS and a variety of YFS foods. I have some samples from Lisa I need to try, I'ved fed some Northfin, and the food seem to like it. I've also used a few different types of Repashy, and most fish like it, though some take extra time to figure it out.

Tangcollector

Staff member
I'm a big fan of Northfin. I also use YFS and cobalt. Lisa at Super Cichlids does Northfin and has good prices and she is a big club supporter.

FishEggs

Just made an order for food from Super Cichlids.
Gonna try the northfin bug pro crisps as well as some other Northfin foods. Used to do NLS a lot more but now i usually get various YFS/Aquacarium foods and Xtreme for the monsters i have.

Goonie

CCA Members
NLS, Hikari and Sera mostly some bug bites.

My cichlids are getting to the point I need to find a larger pellet than NLS so I'm not sure what I will try next.

Freakgecko

Members
Has anyone else had trouble getting their fish to eat Northfin? All of my guys seem to avoid the pellets for some reason? Even my geo tapajo who seem to crush pretty much everything

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Has anyone else had trouble getting their fish to eat Northfin? All of my guys seem to avoid the pellets for some reason? Even my geo tapajo who seem to crush pretty much everything
I've only tried one type (veggie) but the type I tried, those fish ate it willingly. Some fish can be picky if it's something new, but generally hungry fish will eat when offered food. New types just might take some acclimation and patience.

Freakgecko

Members
I've only tried one type (veggie) but the type I tried, those fish ate it willingly. Some fish can be picky if it's something new, but generally hungry fish will eat when offered food. New types just might take some acclimation and patience.
I’ve had it for a while but only feed it every so often for variation. Everybody seems to eat around it unfortunately. Luckily I just bought more NLS from SuperCichlids the other day and it should be here anyway.

The northfin fry starter has been a godsend though, love it

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I used NLS but the pellet size is a bit small, so I moved to Omega one and super cichlids flakes.
NLS pellet size for the smaller ones seemed to have shrunk at some point, the 1mm I used to get now seems much smaller. The 2mm and 3mm seem to be around the same. I generally don't feed anything bigger than 3mm though, unless the fish are monsters, smaller food would seem easier to digest.

jamitt

CCA Members
I use NLS and Omega one veggie pellets and flakes, all low protein, for my Africans. I found 3mm pellets apparently caused sudden death even for larger Africans, so I stick with the small 1-2mm pellets. It took me years to figure that out, but ever since using only the smallest pellets several years ago, no sudden deaths of apparently healthy fish.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Repashy, frozen (have no brand loyalty there) and Bug Bites for my corys. Dr. Basleer for the rest.

Blaise