• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Steelfist

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome to the forum SteelFist

SteelFist is local and is planning on joining the club soon.

Again, Welcome

DeeCee

Members
Hi SteelFist!

Tell us a bit about yourself & what kind of fish you keep!

Welcome to the forum!

DC

SteelFist

Members
Hi everyone! Than you for having me. I think its great to have a local Cichlid group like the CCA :smile: .

I have been out of the game for awhile (8 years to be exact). I used to own a 75 gal w/ Cichlids which I had for about 3yrs before having to sell it. But I'm back now with a new 180 gal. And I look forward to conversing with and learning from other Cichlid enthusiasts.

I currently have a Neotropical tank in which I plan to add more cichlids to what I have listed below. Some of which I hope to add are a Cuban cichlid (tetracanthus), Yellow Jacket (friedrichsthali) and either a FH or Red Texas.

SteelFist

Members
Thanks DC and Pat!

I live in Beltsville, very close to the meeting site. I actually got the tank for Christmas from the wife so I have her to thank for that. :D

I think its so great that you guys are involved in so much. I had no idead that any of this existed.

marge618

CCA member
Hi everyone! Than you for having me. I think its great to have a local Cichlid group like the CCA :smile: .

I have been out of the game for awhile (8 years to be exact). I used to own a 75 gal w/ Cichlids which I had for about 3yrs before having to sell it. But I'm back now with a new 180 gal. And I look forward to conversing with and learning from other Cichlid enthusiasts.

I currently have a Neotropical tank in which I plan to add more cichlids to what I have listed below. Some of which I hope to add are a Cuban cichlid (tetracanthus), Yellow Jacket (friedrichsthali) and either a FH or Red Texas.[/b]

Wow! Hi Steelfist! From 75 to 180 in one fell swooooop! Wish I had a 180. So, what do you plan to do with it? What's next?
Do you want input? Come to a CCA meeting with a 'wish list' for your tank. Better, yet, post that list here so CCA members can PLAN to bring their fry to the auction that Saturday. What fun!
Welcome to CCA!
Later,
Marge

mscichlid

Founder
Welcome aboard! Another member in Beltsville!!! That makes three of us! Uh-oh :happy0158:

You've come to the right place and we look forward to meeting you.

SteelFist

Members
Thanks All!

I'm sorry I meant to post my current stock both babies....1 EB Jack Dempsey and 1 Honduran Red Point.

marge,
What I really want is a Cichlasoma Tetracanthus, FH and a Red Texas (babies of course). Thats my wish list :D
There's an auction this Saturday?? :eek:

The only auction this weekend that I know of will be at the GWAPA meeting in Mt Airy Md. You could always poke your head in on the plant side of the house. Visitors are always welcome. You can get directions on the front page of www.gwapa.org

Shameless and I know it.

DeeCee

Members
We have mini-auctions at every CCA club meeting, so the next one will be ummmmm.....lemme see...... Feb.9th I guess.
Normally the 2nd Saturday of each month (except for summer or holiday parties or whatever!)

We have alot of fun at the auctions, and there's always some really great fish & supplies, and a Raffle too!!
I think our auctions are pretty large, considering. And I think they'll get bigger too with us all interested
in focusing on Breeder Award Points! I know we have lots of fry here that will be coming to the auctions soon!

DC

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes Robert, Shameless but I do it all the time on other forums.
There is nothing wrong with us plugging all of our clubs as long as it is friendly and not hostile. We all work together for the betterment of the hobby and our clubs. lol

SteelFist, Our monthly meeting some times have a lot of bags. You never know. Some months 3 bags some months 30 bags. Like someone said, been on the higher side the last year. Fyi, at the meetings if you bring in something for the auction, the club only keeps $1.00 per item unless its a donation.

marge618

CCA member
Thanks All!

I'm sorry I meant to post my current stock both babies....1 EB Jack Dempsey and 1 Honduran Red Point.

marge,
What I really want is a Cichlasoma Tetracanthus, FH and a Red Texas (babies of course). Thats my wish list :D
There's an auction this Saturday?? :eek:[/b]

The auction I referred to is at the monthly CCA meeting in February. Fun meeting with exciting speaker, good chicken wings, great people, and an auction that I look forward to! Hope to see you there. Save room in your tank for fish from that auction. Someone who presently keeps or breeds your 'wish list' fish will probably offer to bring them to the auction in Feb. If you put your list in the Trader section of this forum you may get exactly what you want ASAP.

Later,
Marge

SteelFist

Members
Thanks Pat, I look forward to it!

Sure thing Marge, I'll do that. BTW, who is the guest speaker? I have taken some time to read some of the links to different sites. And WOW!.....lol. I'm aware of the ACA and Monster Fish Keepers, but the one that stood out to me was the Cichlid Room Companion. Alot of information there.....world wide!

maddog10

Members
Robert,

Shameless, but WRONG! The GWAPA meeting is NEXT Saturday, the 26th (unless they changed it and didn't tell me - I knew they were getting tired of my questions).

Which I just realized which means I wont be able to attend because I took the wrong day off for the meeting....I wont bother with the grumble bumble of not being there. Still a good time next weekend as there are not any other meetings that I am aware of.

Thanks
Rob