• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Readebruce

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurt @ Apr 3 2008, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome to the Forum Readebruce - Enjoy your stay and tell us all about you and your fish![/b]

Hi Readebruce! Looking forward to hearing from you. Glad you joined CCA forum.
Later,
Marge

readebruce

Members
Hello all, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm a genetics researcher who spends all day thinking about pigmentation and sex determination in Malawi cichlids - I just moved to the area less than a year ago and have never been part of hobbyist group before.

I'm lucky on a couple of counts:
- I was able to spend a month diving several times a day in Lake Malawi as part of a research and collecting expedition, and
- I am intimately involved with our research group's fish facility, which holds 15,000 gallons of water and consists of several hundred tanks, so I am able to keep and breed many species.

I came to the cichlids via interest in understanding the genes underlying their traits, but have definitely become fascinated with them for their own right.

I've only got one tank at home - it contains some Metriaclima mbenjii, Aulonocara baenschi, and Labeotropheus trewavasae...

Glad to be a part of the forum, and I'm going to try to make it to the group meeting on Saturday, so maybe I'll meet some of you there.

Thanks,
Reade