• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Welcome Krissy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome to the CCA forum Krissy.
Hopefully we can get you to a meeting since you live in the area.

Tell everybody a little about yourself.

hudson21222

Members
This should turn out to be entertaining for most I hope....lol. I was shown a wonderful tank of Adrican Cichlid a friend of mine had. The fish where extreemly colorful, and I also knew fish watching was suspose to be stress relieving ( but not while your cycling ur tank). So I did abit of reading on Cichlids and realized the larger the tank the better for many reason. So to speed this up, I have a 120 gal. Tank, was unaware of the cycling process so I added to many fish way to soon. (20 with in a week in a half.) Now my nitrite's have been high, and I have been doing daily water changes. But I have to say I am a little less stressed then two nights ago.

So I am looking forward to meeting like minded people to exchange information, as well as learning more
about the fish, and the hobby. I am really also interested in breeding, but I am big on not producing unwanted fish, just to breed. Unless they can be used as fish food, as bad as that sounds.

mscichlid

Founder
Welcome Krissy! I'm glad you made it! We're looking forward to meeting you and answering your questions. Bring your friend who got you into this in the first place. Everyone is welcome!

Francine

F8LBITE

Members
Hi Krissy!!

Welcome, its a nice group of people here. Sorry to hear about your cycling fiasco, I hope they werent really expensive fish.

hudson21222

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (F8LBITEva @ Apr 10 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi Krissy!!

Welcome, its a nice group of people here. Sorry to hear about your cycling fiasco, I hope they werent really expensive fish.[/b]

Very lucky I never lost any of my fish, knock on wood. lol. They all have made it through with me, and I have some younger fry that have also made it through with the other fish. there still rather young and small. Atleast a 1/2" if that.

So I am very happy they all have pulled through the water problem.

marge618

CCA member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kurt @ Apr 11 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome Krissy,

This is a great place to ask questions - hope to see you at the meeting Saturday[/b]

Hi Krissy,
I enjoyed reading your introductory post. Yup! Keeping tropical fish is supposed to be relaxing... and it is when you are able to sit down and enjoy watching your fish. It's also exciting - as when you get new fry that are 'wanted'. It's challenging - as when you figure out how to cycle and maintain a tank. (You jumped right in the thick of things with a 120 g!) Most of all, keeping fish, especially cichlids, is a LOT OF FUN!

Having fun is the BEST way to take your mind off stressful thoughts.

Looking forward to meeting you this Saturday.
Later,
Marge

animicrazy

Members
Welcome Krissy - been there, did that, with the cycling issue; mostly 'cause I have some really stuffed tanks but the darn fish keep growing!!

Hope to meet you at a meeting; great group!

Paul (AKA: The Mad Scientist - not angry!)

hudson21222

Members
I really wish we were able to to had made it to the meeting Sat. But things don't always go as we like, or plan in life. But will make a the next one we hope( when is the next meeting?). I have made it through the Cycle process lost zero fish, and am trying to get them to breed of course if I have the right mix.

I will keep posting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 13 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Welcome Krissy - been there, did that, with the cycling issue; mostly 'cause I have some really stuffed tanks but the darn fish keep growing!!

Hope to meet you at a meeting; great group!

Paul (AKA: The Mad Scientist - not angry!)[/b]

kaj41354

Members
Krissy,,
Next meeting is May 10th...They are held on the 2nd Saturday of each month with the exception of July, August and December! See you soon!