• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Vacation photos

Sonny Disposition

Hi all. I've been meaning to post these, but it's often late by the time I get on the computer. These are from my vacation, back in May. I went to a fishfarm in Miami, did some collecting, and, of course, stopped at Versaille for lunch. See you Saturday, everybody.

EnriquesFishFarm.jpg

Enriquesmbuna.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

CaldoGallego.jpg

Riceandmaduros.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

Last edited:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
My brother Bob...Dude! OMG, that is so awesome that you went down to Florida and shared those incredible pix with us. That Blue Peacock looks amazinggggggggggggggg!

And not to mention the food, looks delicious.

Thanx for sharing Roberto!

emartin

Members
My brother Bob...Dude! OMG, that is so awesome that you went down to Florida and shared those incredible pix with us. That Blue Peacock looks amazinggggggggggggggg!

And not to mention the food, looks delicious.

Thanx for sharing Roberto!
Richard I think that was either an S. fryeri or a C. azureus in the first pic I don't think that was an Aulonocara.

That's what it is Sonny, right?

The second one looks like C. borleyi or C. verduyni.

Either way nice pics Sonny! What farm did you visit?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Jeeze, Bob... that looks like a trip I need to take some day. I look forward to hearing about it more tomorrow.

BTW, curse you for that pics of the plantains and the Cuban sandwich.... making me hungry too early! ;)

Sonny Disposition

I wish I could i.d. the cichlids, but, unfortunately, I can't.
(I can identify the food, though, if anyone is interested.)
The fish farm was a small Mom and Pop operation run by Senior Enrique Schmalbach (He's the Pop). He sells to clubs, but it has to be a decent size order. As you could see, his fish were beautiful. I didn't buy any cichlids, as I had several more days to go. I did get some nice little live bearer out of one of his drainage ditches. It's either a guppy or an endler. The males are dark green, with red blotches. Senior Enrique doesn't know how they got there, or what they are. (I call them Enrique's Livebearer.)

Richard I think that was either an S. fryeri or a C. azureus in the first pic I don't think that was an Aulonocara.

That's what it is Sonny, right?

The second one looks like C. borleyi or C. verduyni.

Either way nice pics Sonny! What farm did you visit?