• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

USPS lost my fish!

MonteSS

Members
Scott at http://www.amazontropicalfishllc.com/.

I can't reccomend him any more highly. He is in NC so close to us. He has an amazing list os wild Apistos, cories, plecos, Angels, Tetras etc. All fish I have gotten from him atr healthy, well aclimated to tap water and beautiful. His great individual packing job is the only thing that saved this lost order. Great guy to talk to on the phone and pick his brain.

I do wish he would update his webpage on stock or do a monthly stock list. He has some amazing and rare stock that no one knows about. Call him to see what he has.

He also very recently opened a retail fish store in Hickory NC, called The Fish Warehouse. The stock in that store must be amazing.

...Bill

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Good stuff. Glad to hear most everything made it.

It sounds like it will be an awesome tank once everything settles in. Enjoy your new additions and be sure to post some pics sometime soon. :)

BevN

Members
Glad most made it ok.

Actually Express is not guaranteed for lives. New policy they enacted last September. If the found out it was a shipment of live fish they will not guarantee delivery times nor will they cover the losses even if they let you buy insurance.

Per their new policy shipment of Live animals may be delayed up to three days for "special handling". Nope...doesn't make sense but hey. It's run by the government.

longstocking

Members
I don't mark my boxes... and I use the automated teller... probably why I get refunds still. I have found marking the boxes causes more problems than it is worth.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I didn't know that about express. Good advice on not marking the box! Thanks a ton. :)

jrpatter

Members
Ayup Scotts a good guy I deal with him all the time. We bring in fish and go collecting quite a bit. I believe some true altums will become avaible in a few weeks.

John

Scott at http://www.amazontropicalfishllc.com/.

I can't reccomend him any more highly. He is in NC so close to us. He has an amazing list os wild Apistos, cories, plecos, Angels, Tetras etc. All fish I have gotten from him atr healthy, well aclimated to tap water and beautiful. His great individual packing job is the only thing that saved this lost order. Great guy to talk to on the phone and pick his brain.

I do wish he would update his webpage on stock or do a monthly stock list. He has some amazing and rare stock that no one knows about. Call him to see what he has.

He also very recently opened a retail fish store in Hickory NC, called The Fish Warehouse. The stock in that store must be amazing.

...Bill

BevN

Members
The hub here figured out they were fish and give me a ton of crap about not marking the boxes. They try to convince me they are better off being put aside for special handling aka delays. I still refuse to mark the boxes unless a customer swear that is the best way. I also tell them those shipments will be pulled aside for hand sorting as they won't put them through the automated system.

If they knew that you were shipping fish those refunds would stop with a quickness. I fought and appealed and appealed on delayed shipments made before the change in policy and never got refunds for the buyers.

That is why I do not ship Express anymore. Priority gets most places in two days and for 90% of what we ship that is fine. If something must be overnight then its Fed-ex. They know we ship fish (had to have packaging approved) and they do guarantee for nearly the same price.