• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Updated tank photos

Becca

Members
The rescaped 150:
picture.php

The rescaped 29:
picture.php

The "new" 55:
picture.php

Becca

Members
I like the oak leaves in there. Who'd you get that idea from? ;)
Probably the same person I got the tank, stand, roofing slate, and wood blocks from, and the ENTIRE BAG of oak leaves. :rolleyes:

I sure do miss that guy.

JLW

CCA Members
Hah, I wonder if "that person" got the oak leaf idea from me. So many people buy those silly almond leaves, when our own native oak provides at least as much benefit ...

You can go out with a bag and a rake and get all the oak leaves you can ask for ... heck, someone will probably pay YOU to remove them. :)

Becca

Members
Hah, I wonder if "that person" got the oak leaf idea from me. So many people buy those silly almond leaves, when our own native oak provides at least as much benefit ...

You can go out with a bag and a rake and get all the oak leaves you can ask for ... heck, someone will probably pay YOU to remove them. :)

Hmmmm... I wonder.

True. Too much pesticide spraying at the old house, but at the new place I have my very own oak tree and no HOA to coat everything in chemicals.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking awesome, Becca!

Josh... I'm sure no one ever put oak leaves in their tank before you figured it out. Thank you so much for this breakthrough. ;)

I'm pretty sure folks like Richter, Barber and Ron were doing it before we were born.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Hmmmm

Pretty sure the biggest advocate of oak leaves here got the idea from a variety of sources.

I actually prefer the Indian almond leaves, but you can't beat the price of WC oak and magnolia leaves.

Becca

Members
Oak leaf debate aside, thanks for the compliments on the tanks.

They do still need some work. We're swapping out the background on the 150 for some black window cling whenever I get myself up for the task - same goes for the top portion of the 55, which is currently contact paper that I stuck on just to keep the fish feeling a little more secure. The 29 is done, I swear.

At some point I may try to get some taller blocks of slag wood for the 55, but water logging them will be a PITA. I also have to find a local wood mill that sells something suitable at a reasonable price.