Unknown disease

gcaligan

Members
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) turns into water (H2O) and oxygen (O2) within seconds, so probably has little, if any, effect when added to a tank. It might be effective if you take the fish out of water and pour peroxide directly onto a wound. Otherwise, the oxygen bubbles are just for show.

Acpape0

Members
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) turns into water (H2O) and oxygen (O2) within seconds, so probably has little, if any, effect when added to a tank. It might be effective if you take the fish out of water and pour peroxide directly onto a wound. Otherwise, the oxygen bubbles are just for show.

So what is h202 diluted with to get the different concentrations that you can buy? I know this is a chemistry question but am curious if the above is true then it would have to be diluted with a substance other than h20 and what are the affects of said solution on a tank? If the above is true it wouldn't be h20

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

neut

Members
Any new developments?

Recently learned about this alternative treatment, somewhat avant garde, apparently. I rarely get sick fish, so no need for it yet and I can't report anything, but I was intrigued enough to pick some up at a health food store.