• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tropheus are here!

WendyFish

Members
Here are some early quickie shots of the new arrivals! 30 cherry spot tropheus from AMS! Much :wub: to AMS, CCA, ECC for arranging this cool buy, and also to Bill for letting me pepper him with tropheus questions since 2006.

(P.S. I bugged Bill SO MUCH and Ruth's thread made me laugh so hard that I almost titled this thread, "fischfan13 is an uncle!")

More and better pics to come as they get settled. They were out of the bag about a half hour when I took these, so still properly terrified. And the petricola come tomorrow!

Troph1.jpg

Troph2.jpg

WendyFish

Members
Here are some closeups.

Hoping these guys have settled in at this point. They got sick basically immediately, but have responded to Metro after we got going on the presumptive bloat treatment. We lost 3 :( but everything has been stable now for more than a week. If that's the worst of it, it seems not so bad, given tropheus reputations, even though there was a lot of biting of my nails.

They're fabulous, though. Greedy little eaters.

Troph2.jpg

Troph6.jpg

Troph8.jpg

YSS

Members
I kept a colony of cherry spots a few years ago. I loved the fish. Good luck with them.

ezrk

Members
Caribsea sugar sized aragonite mostly. There is a little bit of slightly larger sand mixed in which gives it some more "texture."

ezrk

Members
Beautiful fish. I hope that they've stabilized. :)

We think they are getting there. We lost three to likely bloat/travel stress. We have 25 in the main tank that seem to be in good shape. One that is perhaps a little questionable, he is a little beat up (chewed up tail) but seems to hang with the main pack and he eats.

Two are in a hospital tank, one with what is probably an infected lip from fighting and one that may still be recovering from bloat.

Nice thing about Trophs is that they are some high energy fish, at least now. If one isn't doing well it is obvious that he/she is not part of the giant writhing mass trying to get out of the front of the tank and beg for MORE foodz now pleaz.