• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Trade 55 for 55?

spazmattik

Members
Just curious if anyone on here is interested in swapping 55 g's.

I have a drilled starfire tank and moving into an apartment soon so I would preffer to have undrilled :)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Nice tanks

Just plugging it would be far simpler and you're unlikely to get one as nice in exchange. If you can't find a bulkhead plug, a piece of glass siliconed on the INSIDE of the tank is secure and removable if you ever want to revert.

spazmattik

Members
Right now I'm using rubber stoppers the guy in the plumbing isle showed me. The screw up to tighten from the bottom. Do you think those are sufficient long term? Feel comfortable woth that on the 2nd floor of an aprtment building??

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I think I can picture the rubber stopper you are describing. I would worry about it putting pressure on the glass and possible cracking it. I'd just use an aquarium bulkhead and plug the hole with a PVC section and cap.

spazmattik

Members
I think this is what I originally looked into and the bulkheads were expensive. :/ Unless i was looking at the wrong thing, the stuff I found was like 30 bucks a piece

verbal

CCA Members
I think this is what I originally looked into and the bulkheads were expensive. :/ Unless i was looking at the wrong thing, the stuff I found was like 30 bucks a piece

Stith aquatics, a sponsor of aquamania, should be able to get them for you for a reasonable price. I think some of the marine places figure since some of the stuff is expensive, they can rip people off for the relatively cheap stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app