• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

To whom provides micro-worms....

Beeman

Members
I am one of those who always buys the micro-worms that occasionally make their way into the CCA auction. There is no info. on the packaging to suggest who provides these goodies that my nano fish depend on. My query is thus; who among us provides these? I am in need of a batch on a regular basis, yet have noted that they are not available at each and every meeting. COME FORWARD WORMOLOGIST!!!!

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, Frank has them, I think Mark K has them, and I can always bring you a new batch.....

But why not maintain your own culture?

rsretep

Members
But why not maintain your own culture?[/QUOTE]

Yes why not maintain, self sustaining with minimal effort amd cost

Beeman

Members
I do try to culture my own. Problem is, they don't always take! Don't quite know what I'm doing wrong, as I follow the directions given in Hellweg's book, Culturing Live Food. For every successful batch, I get two that fail. Thanks to all who offered, I think I'll become a regular customer with Frank until I get consistent results.

rsretep

Members
Are you using oatmeal as a foundation? My batches are basically set it and forget it. When one batch does crash, I rinse the container out, make new oatmeal and add a teaspoon of the culture.

Becca

Members
I started keeping 2 batches, one in the fridge that I can use to start other cultures (it gets a week of warmth once a month) and one out of the fridge.

Beeman

Members
Yes I start cultures the same way as everyone else. I've used both whole oats and instant. Add a pinch of yeast, and a spoon or 2 or 3 of worms from an existing batch. But sometimes they just don't take.
Becca, I didn't know they could survive at refridge temps. I'll keep at it till I get it right