• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

tiny air bubbles in my system

hydrodmg

Members
i run 6 33 longs with a central sump and i have been having a problem with my pump pumping tiny air bubbles in to the tanks and i cannot figure out where will this cause stress for my fish? there is a whole lot of bubbles

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The air bubbles are more stress on you than they are on your fish. If you can live with them, I wouldn't worry too much. It sounds like you have a small air leak somewhere in your plumbing that is causing the vacuum from the pump to pull air into the line.

cmcpart0422

Members
The only time I have had problems with little bubbles is when I do large water changes with warm water. So far only smaller fish and fry react to it. The bubbles will accumulate on the fish and in the gills causing breathing problems which in some cases kills them and in other cases leaves them stressed gasping for air for a few hours. Same thing happens to larger fish but they don't suffer because of it and continue to act normal.

Buckcich

Members
+1 Definitely a air leak, either on the pump housing or the connection/hose before the pump. It won't harm the fish thou.

Spine

Members
I would try and trace that leak down. It shouldn't bother the fish but you don't want any problems with your pump.