• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The 75g Start

dhlamar

Members
Is this a cichlid tank because I love planted tanks but I thought plants and cichlids don't mix.

Sent from my Eris using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
Is this a cichlid tank because I love planted tanks but I thought plants and cichlids don't mix.

Sent from my Eris using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Most South American dwarf cichlids work well in planted tanks. There are some West African dwarf cichlids that are options too.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Looking great, Arlene. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of substrate did you start with? Lighting?

Thanks guys.

Frannie, I'm hoping to get a C. wendtii "Sunset" in the slight off center as soon as I move a few more plants over. I'm still trying to figure out what to use as my foreground. When the plants grow in, I'm thinking H. tripartita.

This is a community tank. I will be adding some more small fish from my 40g Br over the next few days.

Tony, I'm using black Eco-Complete mixed with a little ADA AquaSoil. As far as lighting, I only have a couple of T8 bulbs there right now. I'm thinking of buying a couple of Deep Blue T5 lights in the next couple of months. I'm thinking of put in some more high-tech/high demand plants in too, so I'm dosing every day.

Arlene

skanda

Members
I got a 75 gsllon as well last week and I am setting it up. What do yu plan tp oput for the background

skanda

Members
Leave it blank or add a 3D background? How long before you put the fish? NIce tank. Do Did you plan to have low teck plants?

I'm planning on leaving the background blank.

I added more plants today and my fish today. I've had this tank up and running for about a month now, so it's ready for fish. There are some angels in the photo if you look closely :)

Arlene