• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thanks Rachel and Chris!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yesterday, Mike (DiscusnAfricans) and Craig (Rastafish) road tripped up to Rachel's place to hang out for a bit. While we were up there, we were able to pick up the custom 6' stand that Chris built for my 150 as well as check out the fish room.

The stand is beautiful... I can't wait for you guys to check it out at the picnic this weekend! I have a feeling that he'll be getting a couple more orders here soon. :)

I know Rachel has posted a couple of pictures of its evolution, but I can honestly say that the pics of her fish room do not do it justice. Lots of large and small tanks with some really fun and rare fish and inverts... most of which I had never heard of before.

While I wasn't planning on picking up much, I still ended up leaving with some Espei tetras, cardinals, bumble bee spiky nerites (*SO* cool) as well as some fancy decorative snails that I can't recall the name right now. Rach packed everything very professionally with oxygen (she even packed some of the more "fragile" snails individually!) and even after a decent drive and couple of stops on the way home, had a 100% survival rate!

Thanks again, Rachel and Chris! You guys rock. :party0007:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Glad to hear you guys enjoyed the trip :D We had fun having you.Hopefully I can get more CCA folks to do the drive. Was great seeing you! The other snails were pomacea diffusa (formerly bridgessi).

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Why don't you post a pic of that awesome stand Tony? That thing is solid. I know it was only sitting for a few minutes before we engineered a way to get that 150 on top.

All the fish and snails I got are doing great too. It was awesome hanging out with Rachel and the family. Hopefully you guys will make it down this weekend to see the new stand in all its glory.

Spine

Members
I checked out Tony's stand last night it's awesome. I didn't take any pics of it because he wants to finish aquascaping the tank before any full tank shot are taken.

Jumbie

Members
Chris does a great job on those stands he builds. I seen the craftsmanship when Kevin and I went up to Rachels open house....they looked sweet! I was telling chris the last time I seen him that I was going to need a stand or two built sometime after the ACA or end of September.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Absolutely! Chris did an outstanding job! I saw the stand last night and it was solid yet beautifully made.