• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thanks, Batfish Aquatics!

JLW

CCA Members
Headstanders are pretty forgiving on the flow requirement, as long as the water is clean and well oxygenated.

But, they should be kept in a planted tank. I've had these guys chow down on Anubias, Crinum, Java Fern, and even Java Moss. Yowza.

Becca

Members
I was reading up on them. It says they like high flow and a planted tank. They will eat the plants if not provided with enough vegetation in their diet. The article said that when small, a couple can be kept together, but as they grow they should either be housed alone or kept in groups of at least seven. It went on to say that they won't bother other fish, even smaller ones, but will become less tolerant of their own kind as they grow.

Yeah, that is why I am stopping at 2. Right now they hang out together, but I anticipate that, sort of like rainbow sharks, they'll eventually each pick a spot at an end of the tank and become loners.

So far mine really enjoy water sprite and duckweed. They don't seem to like narrow leaf java fern or Riccia, which I put in there with the duckweed, but thus far has been carefully avoided.

Becca

Members