• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thank You CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just love the packing pictures.
LOL

Looks like me on Monday morning after the OCA. Its amazing how everything fits going out but you win one tank and the whole system is thrown off. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh, and Bill

I had talked to another club some time back. They mentioned they always have their auctions at a place that has a bar.
That way the prices always stay up. lol

fischfan13

Banned
Oh, and Bill

I had talked to another club some time back. They mentioned they always have their auctions at a place that has a bar.
That way the prices always stay up. lol

This was always a small debate between Tom and myself...about having alcohol. Our Admin kind of broke the tie ;).
The fact that the bar tab was picked up by Alesia helped things a little more, IMO.
So for those who thought there would be $2 Yeunglings there all day, I was wrong...there were FREE Yeunglings ALL DAY!!!

BTW, for those not there, Pat received one of the largest ovations of the day.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
This was always a small debate between Tom and myself...about having alcohol. Our Admin kind of broke the tie ;).
The fact that the bar tab was picked up by Alesia helped things a little more, IMO.
So for those who thought there would be $2 Yeunglings there all day, I was wrong...there were FREE Yeunglings ALL DAY!!!

BTW, for those not there, Pat received one of the largest ovations of the day.

Yeah, Yeah,
and it would have been the biggest ovation if I had bought the beer. LOL

iamzrad

Members
Did you get a bag of them or the single male?
One male.

A note on the Lethrinops (I didn't bring them in), they are also known as "Green Chest", get big (about 6-7"), are from Manda in Tanzania, and I don't agree with whoever started calling them furcifers. They aren't. They are a different species or a brand new species. Males in breeding dress get a ruby red throat (only visible from underneath). L. furcifer doesn't get this trait (some other species do but they don't match colors-wise with the green chest/green face variety.

BEAUTIFUL Lethrinops though! I used to have a wild pair. Never bred for me but the male was in constant full color never lost it.

Give Ethelwynn Trewavas a call, oh wait...
Or time travel back to the 1930s :p

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks so much guys for putting on a totally awesome auction. I had seen the list (and all of the updates diligently updated by Bill), but when I arrived, I was simply at a loss for words. It was of the magnitude of a PVAS auction - only with all cichlids. Absolutely unbelievable. The folks there were awesome. It was a pleasure meeting Artie, John (bovsbaitboxes), Crabbymatty, Alisia, Spookyfish and others. Definitely some very classy folks. I really hope that you guys get a chance to make it down to one of our meetings some day.

By the time Mike and I got back to my place, after dropping off Phil and Jim and dropping fish off for Matt, it was about 1:00. By the time fish were all put away, it was nearly 5:00! Suffice to say, I was not feeling all too great yesterday....

Some stuff I got (probably not comprehensive):
-Trio Naevochromis chrysogaster
-2 7"-8" female A. christyi (prearranged from John)
-Male 7" P. johnstoni (prearranged from Crabbymatty)
-Trio Aulonocara salousi
-Juvies N. broadzulu
-Juvies F. rostratus
-Juvies Super Red Empress
-Juvies Yellow labs
-5" Yellow lab
-Juvies O. heterodon (Tanzania)
-Juives Lethrinops Red Cap - Itungi
-Juvies P. steveni - Taiwan Reef
-Juvies Metriclima Aurora "Likoma"
-Single 3" Jack Dempsey (yup, I really did get one - for Matt)
-Axelrod's Freshwater Reference Guide 2004
-5 gal aquarium

-L134 Leopard Frog Pleco (raffle)
-LDA33 Snowball Pleco (raffle)
-Syno. decorus (raffle)

Yup, I'm that jerk who bought ten tickets and won three pleco raffles. I think I've used up all my raffle ju-ju for the rest of my life. Very excited about these three fish. :)

Our crew rolled up there with one fish and left with 5 buckets and what had to be somewhere around 60-80 bags in total.

Simply unbelievable.....

Thanks again to the New Jersey crew. You rock.

Maria asked me how my day was and I told her it was the best fish day I had ever had. :)

Last edited:

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
I had a great time, that was the third time I've gone to the ECC auction.
1st. time blew me away with the amount of fish
2nd. time was even bigger
3rd. time what can I say but ECC you guys and gals sure know how to through a AUCTION.
for the CCA people that could not make it , Its a day of FISH , FRIENDS , FUN.
Thanks again to all the ECC.
Heres some fish I brought home.

7 in bag Protomelas spilontus "mara rocks
5 in bag Protomelas steveni – Taiwan Reef
3 in bag Nimbochromis livingstonii
1 male Aulonocara sp. "stuartgranti maleri
8 in bag Altolamprologus Calvus "White Chaitika"
Also won The Ad Konings book raffel GR8 book

Last edited:

longstocking

Members
I came home with:

Eretmodus
Stappersii
T. irsacae
smile.gif

MAN t-shirt
smile.gif

CCA polo
CCA membership
smile.gif

Food
CCA coozie (sp? )

A really nice book that shows the habitats of lake tang better than any other book out there... WOOT !
tongue.gif

longstocking

Members
Two people that we have to give a big thanks to ....Bill and Tommy ....for, they were able to bring a lot the fish clubs on the east coast together. That is HUGE IMO
smile.gif

Hopefully we have the same thing happen for ACA 2011
smile.gif

Last edited:

lonlangione

Members
Yep, it was a great day. I think it actually was a "partyauction" instead of an auction. Jersey people are the best at making people feel welcome. Bill's brother from another mother kept things lively all day. Thanks for the laughs Kevin. As for ACA2011, if we are looking ahead based on this day, the convention is going to be one helluva party!!!!!!!

Lonny

fischfan13

Banned
Maria asked me how my day was and I told her it was the best fish day I had ever had. :)

Tony, you made my day.
Thanks.

Later on that night a few of the older guys had a bite to eat ( I was the YOUNGEST, along with my son). The discussion came up about the people that came down from the CCA. Everyone of us "gushed" about the people from the CCA.
Class acts, each and every one.

emartin

Members
I can't wait to see how the Fall Auction (when I will hopefully have a few of my even rarer haps bred by then) and the ACA 2011 auction will turn out...! The CCA will have several large clubs helping them out and my guess is that will be the biggest if not one of the biggest conventions for cichlids yet!

I'm already planning on staying in D.C. for that whole week for the convention!

So...um....Bill. Any speculation for the fall auction? October? Or just Q4 for now? LOL!

fischfan13

Banned
Yep, it was a great day. I think it actually was a "partyauction" instead of an auction. Jersey people are the best at making people feel welcome. Bill's brother from another mother kept things lively all day. Thanks for the laughs Kevin. As for ACA2011, if we are looking ahead based on this day, the convention is going to be one helluva party!!!!!!!

Lonny

Thank you Lonny.
Kevin and I grew up 1 1/2 miles form each other, but just met about 2 years ago.
I'm the quieter of the two...riiiiiiiiight?:blush:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Tony, you made my day.
Thanks.

Later on that night a few of the older guys had a bite to eat ( I was the YOUNGEST, along with my son). The discussion came up about the people that came down from the CCA. Everyone of us "gushed" about the people from the CCA.
Class acts, each and every one.

:)

emartin

Members
I'll be seeing you all again Saturday, and I believe Bill is driving down as well.

This time I'll get some sleep for once the night before so I can actually enjoy myself better (did last cca meeting, I'm referring to ecc auction)!!!