• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

TANKS!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
ON ANIMAL PLANET "TANKS" COMES ON 8-19-11 @ 9PM. THEY WILL BE DOING A SEGMENT ON AQUARIUMS. FYI. ;)

mrkillie

Members
Actually, it's called "Tanked". I don't know why they say it is premiering on Aug. 19 - I watched it last night! They built an aquarium inside an old milk delivery truck. Very cool! They did other stuff too, but I won't spoil it for everyone. Definitely worth watching! Supposedly going to be a 6-part series.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/tanked/

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I believe Tanked is on again tonight at 10. I watched it last night and found it worth the time.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Tanked is about the ATM company out of vegas. They doing commercial and residential high-end custom acrylic tanks and all that goes with them. If you google ATM aquariums you can find their site.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I want to know who gave them permission to take a picture of my bedroom remodel.....

22.png

I watched one episode (the one where they made a fish tank out of NY phone booth.) I was underwhelmed. I thought they all were a bit over-the-top with manufactured drama, especially from the wife who had to go into the "shark tank" to retrieve something left there. I dunno, not my style, I guess . ..

dogofwar

CCA Members
Ol' Ocho Cinco shoulda put away the giant tube of lube (and made the bed) before snapping a pic of his fish tank (and girlfriend)...

Matt

chad_ochocinco_sleeps_underneath_a_whole_bunch_of_fish.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
It would be AWESOME if there was a behind the scenes show (maybe just on the web) about the more technical aspects of the tanks, set-up and maintenance.

Unfortunately, manufactured reality gets ratings. Discussions about nitrifying bacteria...not so much.

As an aside, I worked HARD to get Discovery (and Animal Planet) at all interested in the ACA convention (just down the street from them). Obviously enough, they weren't.

Matt

I watched one episode (the one where they made a fish tank out of NY phone booth.) I was underwhelmed. I thought they all were a bit over-the-top with manufactured drama, especially from the wife who had to go into the "shark tank" to retrieve something left there. I dunno, not my style, I guess . ..

dogofwar

CCA Members
I don't get it. Why not have the TVs come down in front of the tank when you want to watch (and be hidden when you're not) vs. blocking the tank.

Am I the only one that thinks that couch looks not so comfy?

His crib; not mine :)

Matt

YOU CANT SEE THE FISH FOR THE TVS :wacko: