• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

T12 Light Help

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey guys,

I've had this double T12 48" fixture for a while now. Seems like it may be a starter problem, but unlike most T8/T12 fixtures I have, the starters are not accessible from the underside.

Only one bulb works at a time... from either the front or back endcaps....

The label says it is an All-Glass unit 80W.

Any ideas?

[YT]rwQ8lLd3jTw[/YT]

Thanks in advance. :happy0180:

chriscoli

Administrator
Also, Tony, not sure if you want them, but I have several T12 4-foot shoplights that I want to get rid of.

Nathan

Members
Yeah, That ballast and endcap combo will run T12, T10, and T8s. Swap out the endcaps and you can use T-5s

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Also, Tony, not sure if you want them, but I have several T12 4-foot shoplights that I want to get rid of.

Thanks for the offer, Chris... trying to fix the lighting on the 6-footers and want something more "presentable" for the rec room.

I would change out the ballasts to use T8s. The bulbs are cheaper and you can find them at any big box hardware store.

Arlene

blkmjk

Members
Head to home depot and pickup a cold weather ballast no start capaciter to worry about then its just four wires to terminate.

I'm doing something similar on my 150 gallon tank right now.

Drew