• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Subscribed to Cichlid Room Companion (www.cichlidae.com)?

Do You Subscribe to The Cichlid Room Companion (www.cichlidae.com)?

• Yes - I subscribe to The Cichlid Room Companion

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I don't subscribe

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - but I plan to subscribe soon

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

dogofwar

CCA Members
Whenever I have a question about a cichlid - what's the current, correct name?; what's its collection point?; how does it differ from closely related species?; how do you keep and breed it?...whatever - my "go to" resource is The Cichlid Room Companion (www.cichlidae.com).

It's run by Juan Miguel Artigas (probably the foremost expert on Central American Cichlids in the world) and curated by Ad Konings and other world experts on cichlids.

Because it's constantly updated, it is probably the most up-to-date and comprehensive resource in existence. Books simply can't keep up.

The CRC forum is free but access to their articles, cichlid profiles, habitats, etc. requires an annual $30 per year subscription (and you get a free book when you join).

I've been a member for several years. I feel like it's well worth it to support this activity and have access to this quality of information.

How many other folks subscribe to CRC? Why or why not?

Matt

JasonC

Members
In my 2nd year of being a subscriber. I jumped on because Mike Wise curates the Apistogrammas and because Anton Lamboj curates some of the West African species. That alone is worth the price paid.. especially on the Apisto side when there is so much debate over identification, and which species are legit or not.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I wish that Juan would make all of the article available for subscription... but otherwise really, really solid value.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Anyone else?

If you could buy the most complete cichlid book on the planet and get constant updates to it from the world's foremost experts, would you pay $30 for it?

Matt

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I am subscribed as well. This is my second year. I find much of the forum content full of info not found on other forums.

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, agreed with the others. I've been subscribed for a few years now, too. It's got information found nowhere else. Also it's got pics of some of the rarer location subtypes and it's nice to double check yours against theirs.

Just read the names of the folks who are moderating/adding content in the various sections....it's good stuff.