• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sting Rays Anybody?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Jamieishard keeps them you can find her on MFK in the Midatlantic group. Coues keeps them too.

teacups

I have two 5" teacups in a 40 gallon right now. I want to keep them in my 180 eventually. They are eating blackworm so I"m happy. I have close to 8 gallons of r/o water in with them to soften our ashburn water. So far, so good!

Spine

Members
I know of a club member that has some rays at a reasonable price. You can send me a pm if you are interested.

Julie

Members
Hi! I do have some marbled motoros that I've had for a couple of years now. 2 males and 1 female, plus a female pup they had last March!

What kind are you thinking of getting? What's your water like?? Feel free to ask, I'm no expert, but I've kept several varieties.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Just watch which ones you get.
This species of freshwater ray might be a little big for your tank.

4_STINGRAY_461.jpg

giant-stingray-kids-lg.jpg

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Who is this club member you speak of? I'm looking for a nice marble or pearl for my boy to play with.
HE MUST NOT WANNA PUT IT OUT PUBLICLY SO PM HIM LIKE HE ASKED ;). JAMIE KEEPS RAYS AND BETWEEN HER AND JULIE AND COEUS IM SURE YOU CAN GET SOME VERY HELPFUL INFO.

Last edited:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
mark denaro has a few for sale right now too. He is having an open house this weekend as well on sunday

Wow talking about timing... i have been on travel this week out to new mexico during my down time i was comtemplating a new tank and guess what came to rays.. i am looking for any good info on where to start reseaching on them and i would also like as much personal input as i can get when it comes to them and whats the best ones for the home aquarium....

Spine

Members
I might check with Julie at Frybabies or Ron for advice. They both keep rays and might have some offspring to sell.