Spotted Pimelodids

Sonny Disposition

Before I go over to Planet Catfish, I thought I'd check with you folks. Anyone have any experience with spotted pimelodids? I kept them as a kid, and had meant to get back to them, eventually. Maybe in the fall.

All I know about them is that they're from SA and they get a lot bigger than the ones sold in the stores and eventually lose their spots. Still, if you've kept and bred them, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

longstocking

Members
I as well kept these when I was younger Bob.

I still don't know much about them. Never tried to breed them either. They were one of my favorite fish from way back when though ! Very active :)

Kept them in tap water... no problems.

Sorry, I'm not much help !!!

Sonny Disposition

Thanks, Sarah. That's what I remember about them, too, that they were very active in the day time for a catfish. And like you, I kept them in tap water, which, being, at the time, from Northern New Jersey, probably had lots of calcium carbonate in it.

I'm thinking now that I might have more success with them with rain water.

Anyway, thanks Sarah.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Aug 13 2008, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I as well kept these when I was younger Bob.

I still don't know much about them. Never tried to breed them either. They were one of my favorite fish from way back when though ! Very active :)

Kept them in tap water... no problems.

Sorry, I'm not much help !!![/b]