• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Species

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
Okay y'all, I need ideas for color in the tank for mbunas? Pics or spiecies would be great. Already doing -

Yellow labs
Acei
Red zebra

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
You mentioned a 75g tank in another thread. Is that what these are going in? How many species are you looking for? You could 6-8 of each of the above and call it, I wouldn't add too many other species unless you're looking for pure variety.

Blue johanni could be an option, white labs (could hybridize with yellow labs, but there's a chance any mbuna will hybridize with other mbuna), P. williamsi are others that look distinct from what's shown above.

Brad_st14s

CCA Members
You mentioned a 75g tank in another thread. Is that what these are going in? How many species are you looking for? You could 6-8 of each of the above and call it, I wouldn't add too many other species unless you're looking for pure variety.

Blue johanni could be an option, white labs (could hybridize with yellow labs, but there's a chance any mbuna will hybridize with other mbuna), P. williamsi are others that look distinct from what's shown above.
Thank you very much and yes they are going in the 75

14911374-71BA-47CC-8B55-276D895141F2.jpeg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
What kind of filtration are you planning? Filtering capacity and number of hiding places will also play a key factor in how many fish you can keep in the tank.