• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Some more new arrivals!!

JLW

CCA Members
Hey guys,

Got a bunch of really cool new fish in stock this week. They're not out of quarantine just yet, but to tempt some of you guys....

Baby Pike Cichlids (Supposedly C. johanna, but I'll eat one if they are) - They're so cute and adorable at about 1.5", you'd almost never suspect they'll turn into murderous jerks. Nominally, I'm calling this Crenicichla jacobi. A good number of these! $6.99 each.

Apistogramma cf. pucallpensis -- Another fish that came in a little smaller than expected, I'm not 100% sure on their ID yet. They're only about an inch long right now. Way too small to attempt sexing them, but they're $10 each, or 6 for $50.

Red breasted acara -- A new batch of the smiling acara, Laetacara thayeri. These ones look slightly different. This batch will be priced a little higher than the previous batch, but they're also a lot nicer -- $12.99.

Penguin Tetra -- You guys know this fish, right? Wrong -- these are fully grown, big, beefy, monster ones, and wild caught. Gorgeous, with a hint of amber around the body. They're $4.99 each, or 12 for $50.

Dragon Knifefish -- If you ask for a Latin name on this guy, I'll hit you. It was supposed to be Parapteronotus, but the best we can guess is that it's Sternarchogiton cf. preto, though it has a white band on the tail. About 6-8" long, and an absolute beast. This guy came out of the bag, grabbed a crawfish, and demolished it. We'll price him definitively when we've got a better idea on his species, but we're looking at the ballpark of $200-300 on him. Unless I just decide he's too cool and keep him myself.